Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 1 Dollar Silver Eagle NGC PF70UCAM FDI Jeppson With Bonus 2017 Silver Eagle MS70 Jeppson
225 Years of Heritage Meets the Fourth Decade of Silver Eagle Proofs!
Ever since the United States Mint struck its first Silver Eagle Proofs in 1986, collectors have sought out these one-ounce, government-guaranteed, 99.9% pure silver coins for their own. The rebirth of Adolph A. Weinman's lush Walking Liberty, paired with the stoic gravitas of John Mercanti's heraldic eagle, took the numismatic world by storm. Now, after an historic 30th Anniversary, the Silver Eagle Proof is going strong into year 31 with the return of its traditional reeded edge.
And, while past its pearl anniversary, this Silver Eagle Proof is now part of another important celebration -- the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Mint. From a small building on the corner of 7th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, the U.S. Mint has grown to become one of the largest and most renowned mints in the world. This Silver Eagle Proof arrives exactly at this important quasquibicentennial!
Your West Point-minted 2017 Silver Eagle Proof will arrive to your collection with several stunning features:
- Your coin will be graded Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded Silver Eagle Proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- Your Silver Eagle Proof will also be certified First Day of Issue (FDI) by NGC -- independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
- In addition, your proof will carry a brand new certification never before offered by GovMint.com -- a location designation of Washington D.C. (WDC) as verified by NGC. That means that this coin was picked up at the United States Mint Headquarters in Washington D.C. on the very first day of issue!
- This proof will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a white display core -- giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- Finally, this Silver Eagle Proof displays another feature never before available on GovMint.com. All of the unique characteristics of your proof will be described in detail on the acrylic case's label, which will also come hand-signed by Rhett Jeppson, the 1st Principal Deputy Director of the U.S. Mint! Serving from January 2015 to January 2017, he was involved with the 30th Anniversary Silver and Gold Eagle releases as well as the unique edge lettering for the Silver Eagle Proof and Burnished issues in 2016!
But it gets even better -- you will receive an additional flawless 2017 1-oz Silver Eagle, certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by NGC, also hand-signed by Rhett Jeppson!
Proof Silver Eagles are traditionally struck in far fewer numbers than those minted for circulation. And, with 2017 being a big year for the United States Mint, we expect these Silver Eagle Proofs to quickly join collections across the country and around the world. Don't miss out on the party -- order your 2017 Silver Eagle Proofs today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|