Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017-P Australia 1-oz Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle NGC MS70 Anniversary Mercanti
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.00 $96.08
The Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series Returns for 2017!
A few years ago, we brought together John Mercanti and the Perth Mint to collaborate on a new coin series. Little did we know then that we'd help lay the groundwork for an international sensation! Honestly, we shouldn't be surprised. The combination of the most prolific designer in United States Mint history along with the heralded, state-of-the-art mint was a perfect match. In 2014, the two collaborated on the creation of the first-ever Australian Wedge-Tailed Eagle -- the first time a U.S. Mint chief engraver has designed a coin to be struck by another official world mint.
Now in its fourth year, the Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle Silver Dollar, like the partnership between Mercanti and the Perth Mint, is still going strong! The reverse of the coin features Australia's largest eagle perched on a tree branch, while the obverse shows a stately portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Each legal tender one dollar Australian coin is struck in 99.9% pure silver.
And all that is just the tip of the feather! Your 2017 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle also comes with these additional features:
- Your coin will be certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- Since this Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle was released during the American Numismatic Association's 2017 World's Fair of Money in Denver, Colorado, your coin will also be certified Denver ANA 2017 by NGC.
- Your coin will also be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a white display core -- giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- All of your Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle's unique characteristics will be described in detail on the acrylic case’s label, featuring a special Denver skyline design, the American Numismatic Association's lamp logo and an authentic signature from designer John Mercanti!
- Finally, you'll receive a special NGC-authorized numbered fact card, featuring the same skyline design as your coin's label along with facts about both the Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle and John Mercanti!
While the Perth Mint has established an open mintage for the 2017 Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle, this special John Mercanti-signed Denver show release is limited to only 300 coins. So, why wait? Take the opportunity to score these gorgeous coins for your collection now!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|