Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017-PDS 25 Cent America The Beautiful George Rogers Clark 3 Roll Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $53.95 $52.36
"Great Things Have Been Effected by a Few Men Well Conducted"
In February of 1779, a group of 170 men marched with urgency across the fields of Southern Illinois. 26-year-old Lieutenant Colonel George Rogers Clark had just been alerted by merchant Francis Vigo that British forces had taken over Fort Sackville in Vincennes, thus gaining a crucial foothold in the Revolutionary War's western front. In order to take the fort's British inhabitants by surprise, he would have to lead his small force of frontiersmen on a 157-mile journey in the dead of winter. Braving an unexpected thaw that drenched the fields in freezing water for more than half of their expedition, the group arrived in Vincennes on February 23rd and forced the British to surrender Fort Sackville two days later.
But this victory didn't just help turn the tide of the war. Its strategic placement opened the area between the Ohio River and the Great Lakes up to American settlers, starting a migration that forced the British to relinquish the land as part of the 1783 Treaty of Paris. The resulting creation of the Northwest Territory provided a blueprint for the establishment of states beyond the original 13 colonies, perfectly setting the stage for 1803's Louisiana Purchase.
Today, in Vincennes, Indiana, a monument to the events of February 1779 stands as George Rogers Clark National Historical Park. Sitting on the land that once held Fort Sackville, the park's rotunda features a massive bronze statue of the man whose actions ultimately established the American West. And now, his landmark mission is part of the United States Mint's America the Beautiful Quarters® Program -- and you can bring it home to your collection with this George Rogers Clark ATB Quarter Three-Roll Set!
- ILLUSTRATIVE, INSPIRING DESIGN . . .-- This last America the Beautiful Quarter release of 2017 features the work of designer Frank Morris and sculptor Michael Gaudioso. This design dramatically captures George Rogers Clark as he leads his men through the cold and waterlogged Southern Illinois plains.
- . . . COMBINED WITH A FAMILIAR FACE-- Flip any of these quarters over to find John Flanagan's standard portrait of George Washington, along with the mintmark of either Philadelphia (P), Denver (D) or San Francisco (S).
- THREE MINTS, THREE 40-COIN ROLLS-- You'll receive three uncirculated 40-quarter rolls, one struck at the Philadelphia Mint, one at the Denver Mint and the other at the San Francisco Mint -- all in their original U.S. Mint tubes!
- A COLLECTORS' FAVORITE SERIES! -- This fifth and final America the Beautiful Quarter release of 2017 continues the popular series, first established in 2010 and still attracting new collectors to the fold!
These gorgeous coins are a perfect tribute to the spirit that helped grow the United States of America, as well as an ideal addition to your collection -- capture your own 2017 George Rogers Clark ATB Quarter Three-Roll Set today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Denver - D, Philadelphia - P, San Francisco - S, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||5.67 Grams - g|