Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 South Africa 5-oz Gold Krugerrand NGC PF70UCAM
Spectacular First-Ever 5-ounce Gold Krugerrands!
As part of the Gold Krugerrand 50th anniversary celebration, the South Africa Mint is releasing this special 50th anniversary year five-ounce Gold Krugerrand Proof – the FIRST-EVER 5-oz Gold Krugerrand! Just like standard bullion Krugerrands, these 5-ounce Gold Krugerrand Proofs are official South African legal tender struck in 22 karat gold -- but unlike the standard Gold Krugerrands, each of these coins has been struck with a little something extra.
The South African Mint really outdid itself with these coins. In addition to being the first-ever 5-oz Gold Krugerrand, each coin has also been struck with a very special mint mark celebrating the Krugerrand's 50th anniversary. The special “privy” mark can be seen floating above the iconic springbok’s back on the coin’s reverse.
Using specially prepared and polished dies, the artists at the South African Mint struck each coin multiple times, resulting in frosty designs that hover over shimmering fields for a level of detail and eye appeal not found in typical circulating coinage. How appealing are these designs? They’re so sharp and well struck that each gleaming 5-oz gold proof has been certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70 UCAM) condition!
Your 2017 South Africa 5-oz Gold Krugerrand Proof will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core. You'll also receive an officially numbered mint certificate of authenticity and mint-authorized packaging. To get this historic 50th anniversary year proof, you'll need to act fast -- only 500 will be minted. Order yours today!
- FIRST-EVER 5-OZ GOLD KRUGERRAND – Gold Krugerrands were first struck in 1967, making them the world’s first modern bullion coins. To honor the coin’s 50th anniversary in 2017, the South African Mint struck it’s first-ever 5-oz Gold Krugerrand!
- EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE – Just 500 of these gleaming Proofs have been issued for worldwide release. The enduring popularity of the gold Krugerrand combined with this low mintage limit virtually ensures a sell-out.
- ICONIC IMAGES – Your 2017 South Africa 5-oz Gold Krugerrand features the same iconic design used every year since 1967 – the portrait of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first president, on the obverse; and the graceful springbok antelope on the reverse. For this year only, the South African Mint has included a special mintmark that can be seen on the coin’s reverse floating above the springbok.
- GRADED IN PERFECT CONDITION BY NGC – The 2017 South Africa 5-oz Gold Krugerrand has been certified to be Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UCAM) condition by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- FIVE OUNCES OF FINE SOUTH AFRICAN GOLD – This special anniversary coin was struck in five full ounces of 91.67% fine gold from the gold mines of South Africa.
To get your 2017 South Africa first-ever 5-oz Gold Krugerrand in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo condition you’ll have to order now while you still can. With a limited edition of just 500 specially mint-marked 50th anniversary proofs, not many are left, so reserve yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|