Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 South Africa Silver Krugerrand NGC SP69 FDI - Black
A Monumental Event 50 Years in the Making – The FIRST EVER Silver Krugerrand!
2017 marked the 50th anniversary of the South African Gold Krugerrand – the world’s first modern gold bullion coin. As part of the celebrations, the South African Mint also released the world’s first-ever SILVER Krugerrand! Struck in a full ounce of 99.9% fine silver, it bears the same classic Krugerrand design that buyers have trusted for the last five decades.
This was a massively hot release, so not only were we were surprised to find a small supply of these coins, but we were blown away by the fact that they were certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Specimen-69 (SOP69) condition, both as Specimen-69 (SP69) condition, a distinction that means these almost-flawless coins showcase impressive full strikes and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. Not only that, but NGC also certified that they are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date!
The name “Krugerrand” has been synonymous with wealth, prosperity and riches for 50 years. First issued in 1967, the South African Gold Krugerrand holds the title of being both the world’s first modern gold bullion coin AND the most widely traded gold coin on the planet, inspiring similar gold bullion series around the globe. However, while other countries have produced silver versions of their bullion coins, collectors had only dreamed of owning official Krugerrand coins in pure silver – that is, until the release of the first-ever Silver Krugerrand in 2017.
This 2017 Silver Krugerrand bears the same design as the original gold coin – former South African President Paul Kruger on one side and the iconic Springbok antelope on the other. In addition, each legal-tender one-ounce silver proof features the milestone Krugerrand 50th anniversary 2017 date and mint mark.
Whether you’ve already brought a Silver Krugerrand home to your collection or you’ve been waiting to make one your own, now is the perfect time to join the party! But don’t wait much longer because we were lucky to come across a small supply of these coins certified by NGC, and who knows when – of even if – we will find more like them!
- FIRST-EVER SILVER KRUGERRAND – The 2017 South Africa Silver Krugerrand is the world’s first-ever SILVER Krugerrand. It bears the same design as the original gold coin – former South African President Paul Kruger on the obverse and the iconic Springbok antelope on the reverse.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Silver Krugerrand was struck by the South African Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- SOUTH AFRICAN LEGAL TENDER – These One-Ounce Silver Krugerrands are 1 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT CONDITION – Your 2017 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Krugerrand has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Specimen-69 (SP69) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that these 2017 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Krugerrands are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins.
What a remarkable find! The 2017 One-Ounce Silver Krugerrand —the world’s FIRST-EVER silver Krugerrand from South Africa – and in almost flawless Specimen-69 First Day of issue condition! Order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Condition||Graded, Uncirculated, Specimen|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|