Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Tanzania 1-oz Gold/Silver Serengeti Big 5 Leopard NGC PF69UCAM 2pc Set
The Safest Way to Bring Home One of The "Big Five"!
If you're on safari in Tanzania's Serengeti National Park, your eyes (and camera lens) will be trained to look for the fabled "Big Five." Originating in the 19th century, this classification -- including the lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard -- was used by big game trophy hunters to describe the most difficult and dangerous African animals to track. Today, that same list is used to describe majestic animals that, while still elusive and unpredictable, are becoming increasingly (and alarmingly) endangered -- as well as a short checklist of "must capture" animals for wildlife photographers.
For many, one of the hardest of the "Big Five" to catch is the solitary and nocturnal leopard. A consummate athlete with an iconic coat, the leopard can run up to 36 miles per hour and leap over 20 feet. However, this fast feline usually hunts under the cover of night. If you're lucky, you might be able to catch one resting in the sun. But now, you don't have to search patiently for these beautiful creatures in the wild -- you can bring two home today with this 2017 Tanzania Gold and Silver Big Five Leopard Two-Proof Set!
- THE LATEST IN THE "BIG FIVE" SERIES -- These 2017 Leopard Proofs are the fourth in Tanzania's five-year "Big Five" series. The watchful eyes of this beloved big cat meet you front and center on both proofs, wreathed by acacia trees and savanna brush. Surrounding it all is a rim of tall grass, with a silhouetted lineup of the "Big Five" on display in the lower-left corner. Look to the upper right and you'll discover the artful "Big Five" series logo.
- PHENOMENAL PROOFS IN GOLD AND SILVER -- Each beginning as a hand-selected one-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure gold and 99.9% pure silver respectively, these Gold and Silver Leopard Proofs are struck multiple times with polished dies. The end-results are true "proofs" of the minting art, featuring details that pop with sharp definition over mirror-like fields.
- TANZANIA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2017 Gold "Big Five" Leopard Proof is 5,000 shillings Tanzania legal tender, while each Silver Proof is 1,000 shillings Tanzania legal tender -- facts that are reflected on their respective obverses along with the country's coat of arms. In addition to being home to the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania also has Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, within its borders.
- CERTIFIED NEAR-FLAWLESS -- Both proofs in your set will come certified Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69 UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless 2017 Gold and Silver "Big Five" Leopard Proofs will each showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections. In addition, your proofs will be sonically sealed in their own individual acrylic cases with special leopard labels, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Finally, your set will arrive to you secured in a custom-crafted wood display box, accompanied by an official certificate of authenticity and a full-color story card.
- AN EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE -- These latest entries in the "Big Five" series have mintages limited to 1,000 for gold proofs and 5,000 for silver proofs -- with just a little over 100 of these combined mint-assembled sets in existence!
Coin series like Tanzania's "Big Five" and the "Natura" from South Africa have been attracting fans for years, making them among the most popular in the world. Each release brings new collectors into the fold, and there's no doubt that these Leopards will win over more than a few hearts! Don't miss out on making these your very own -- order your own 2017 Gold and Silver "Big Five" Leopard Proof Set today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||B.H. Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|