Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Tanzania 25 Gram Silver Clad Big 5 Leopard Coin
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $19.95 $19.36
The Safest Way to Bring Home One of The "Big Five"!
If you're on safari in Tanzania's Serengeti National Park, your eyes (and camera lens) will be trained to look for the fabled "Big Five." Originating in the 19th century, this classification -- including the lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard -- was used by big game trophy hunters to describe the most difficult and dangerous African animals to track. Today, that same list is used to describe majestic animals that, while still elusive and unpredictable, are becoming increasingly (and alarmingly) endangered -- as well as a short list of "must capture" animals for wildlife photographers.
For many, one of the hardest of the "Big Five" to catch is the solitary and nocturnal leopard. A consummate athlete with an iconic coat, the leopard can run up to 36 miles per hour and leap over 20 feet. However, this fast feline usually hunts under the cover of night. If you're lucky, you might be able to catch one resting in the sun. But now, you don't have to search patiently for one of these beautiful creatures in the wild -- you can bring one home today with this 2017 Tanzania Silver Clad Big Five Leopard Coin!
- THE LATEST IN THE "BIG FIVE" SERIES-- This 2017 Leopard Coin is the fourth in Tanzania's five-year "Big Five" series. Immediately, the watchful eyes of this beloved big cat meet you front and center, wreathed by acacia trees and savanna brush. Surrounding it all is a rim of tall grass, with a silhouetted lineup of the "Big Five" on display in the lower-left corner. Look to the upper right to discover the artful "Big Five" series logo.
- GORGEOUS PROOF-LIKE FINISH-- Brilliance and affordability meet with this 25 gram silver-clad coin. Starting with a base of copper, each coin's design is struck on a layer of silver, providing a proof-like finish with sharp details and lustrous fields.
- TANZANIA LEGAL TENDER-- Each 2017 Silver Clad "Big Five" Leopard Coin is 100 shillings Tanzania legal tender, a fact reflected on the obverse along with the country's coat of arms. In addition to being home to the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania also has Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, within its borders.
- EXCELLENT EXTRAS-- You coin will arrive to you in a vinyl flip with an official certificate of authenticity and a full-color story card.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE -- This latest entry in the "Big Five" series has a limited mintage of 25,000 for coin collectors and wildlife enthusiasts around the world.
Coin series like Tanzania's "Big Five" and the "Natura" from South Africa have been attracting fans for years, making them among the most popular in the world. Each new release brings new collectors into the fold, and there's no doubt that this Leopard will win over more than a few hearts! Don't miss out on making one of these your very own -- order your own 2017 Silver Clad "Big Five" Leopard Coin today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||B.H. Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||25 Grams - g|