Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Tuvalu 2 Dollar 2-oz Norse Goddesses Frigg High Relief Antiqued
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $239.00 $231.95
$119.50 / month
Ancient Norse Mythology Meets Modern Minting Technology!
While the late first millennium and early second millennium AD are most frequently referred to as the “Dark Ages,” much of the same time period also coincides with the Viking Age. The Northern European seafarers explored and traded throughout Europe, and even made it to the Americas. The Norse lived in harsh weather conditions, and their seafaring enabled them to see many things that they could not explain. It is little wonder, then, that legends and mythology developed as attempts to explain the unexplainable. Of course, in addition to what they saw as a result of their geography and culture, they also grappled with the age old questions faced by other civilizations, such as “Why are we here?” and “What happens to us when we die?” It is from there that the Norse Goddesses emerged. While much of Norse mythology has been replaced by modern day Christianity and atheism, the lore of the ancient outlook still appeals to historians and others with inquisitive minds, which is why this Silver Antiqued Proof Frigg is so appealing.
- THE SECOND IN THE "NORSE GODDESSES" SERIES-- This 2017 Frigg High-Relief Antiqued Proof is the second in Tuvalu’s three-coin "Norse Goddesses" series. The design shows Frigg holding a newborn baby and a rose quartz pendant. Also integrated into the design are woven threads, white candles, and a falcon.
- PHENOMENAL HIGH-RELIEF PROOFS IN STUNNING SILVER– This coin was struck from .9999 fine silver in high relief, which permits exceptional attention to each and every detail. The antique proof finish combines an ancient feel with modern luster for a finished piece that looks at once ancient and modern.
- TUVALU LEGAL TENDER– Each 2017 2-oz Antiqued High Relief Silver Frigg is $2 legal tender is legal tender in Tuvalu, an island nation in the Pacific. Tuvalu became independent in 1978 and joined the United Nations as its 189th member in 2000.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE -- This latest entry in the "Norse Goddesses" series has a limited mintage of 2,000 pieces. Especially since they come from the highly acclaimed Perth Mint, this makes them highly sought after among collectors of low mintage pieces.
Today, few collectors adhere to anything close to Norse mythology, but the fanciful stories surrounding the characters involved still fuel the imagination. With this series, one of the world’s most beloved mints has brought some of those tales to life. The intricately detailed Frigg is rich in symbolism and provides a look at how some of the ancient dealt with life’s eternal questions. Especially since it comes from the Perth Mint, this stunning coin’s low mintage of just 2,000 pieces will not be around for long, so place your order today before, like the Viking age, this coin is gone!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|