Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017-W 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Eagle Proof PCGS PF70 DCAM First Day of Issue
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.00 $96.08
225 Years of Heritage Meets the Fourth Decade of Silver Eagle Proofs!
Ever since the United States Mint struck its first Silver Eagle Proofs in 1986, collectors have sought out these one-ounce, government-guaranteed, 99.9% pure silver coins for their own. The rebirth of Adolph A. Weinman's lush Walking Liberty, paired with the stoic gravitas of John Mercanti's heraldic eagle, took the numismatic world by storm.
These 2017-dated Silver Eagle Proofs hold a special place of honor in the series because they were struck in an important anniversary year for American coinage – the 225th anniversary of the U.S. Mint. From a small building on the corner of 7th and Arch Streets in Philadelphia, the U.S. Mint has grown to become one of the largest and most renowned mints in the world. This Silver Eagle Proof was struck at the U.S. Mint’s branch mint at West Point, New York during that important quasquibicentennial!
In addition to the key milestone date, your 2017-W Silver Eagle Proof has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in flawless Proof-70 Deep Cameo (PR70 DCAM) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. What’s more, PCGS has also certified your proof as a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by PCGS by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out proofs like this because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are stuck later. Also, the population of Silver Eagle Proofs labeled First Day of Issue coins is only a fraction of the total mintage!
Proof Silver Eagles are traditionally struck in far fewer numbers than those minted for circulation. And, with 2017 being a big year for the United States Mint, we expect our supply of these Silver Eagle Proofs to quickly join collections across the country and around the world. Don't miss out on the party – order your 2017 Silver Eagle Proof today!
- WEINMAN'S CLASSIC WALKING LIBERTY . . . – Adolph A. Weinman's iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- . . . PAIRED WITH JOHN MERCANTI'S HERALDIC EAGLE! – This coin's stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle was created by designer John Mercanti -- the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history!
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into beautiful pieces of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 2017 Silver Eagle coin is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin's reverse.
- BEAUTIFUL PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017-W Silver Eagle has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) as being in perfect Proof-70 Deep Cameo (PF70 DCAM) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – Your proof has also been certified by PCGS as a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by PCGS by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
Whether you're new to the series, a diehard collector or a silver stacker looking to add to your reserve, this is your chance to secure the key-date 2017 Silver Eagle Proof struck at the West Point Mint for your very own. Don't wait – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|