Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017-S $1 1-oz Silver Eagle 4-pc Proof Set NGC PF70UC First Releases w/Mercanti, Jones, Moy & Jeppson Signatures
2017-S Silver Eagle Proof Signature Set
If you haven’t secured a 2017-S Silver Eagle Proof for your collection, you’d better hurry! Sold out at the mint in 120 seconds, this coin originally was released solely as part of a special “Congratulations” set with a mintage of just 75,000. Thankfully, a few still remain, but even our selection is sure to run out soon.
But what a selection it is! Here you’ll find a four-coin set of 2017 Silver Eagle Proofs struck at the San Francisco Mint, each with a label bearing a different signature from a major figure in America’s coin industry. The four signatures include:
- John Mercanti, 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and the designer of the Silver Eagle reverse/
- Elizabeth Jones, 11th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint, the only woman to hold the position and the person who oversaw the release of the Silver Eagle series.
- Edmund Moy, 38th Director of the U.S. Mint.
- Rhett Jeppson, former Principal Deputy Director of the U.S. Mint.
In addition, all four coins have been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70 UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proofs will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. NGC has further certified that your proofs are First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means your Silver Eagles were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Collectors seek out coins with this certification because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
You’ll be stunned by how dazzling these coins look when you hold them in the palm of your hand – but only if you reserve this set now. This is your chance to secure an immaculate set 2017 Silver Eagle for your very own. Don’t wait – order yours today!
- WEINMAN'S CLASSIC WALKING LIBERTY . . . – Adolph A. Weinman's iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- . . . PAIRED WITH JOHN MERCANTI'S HERALDIC EAGLE! – This coin's stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle was created by designer John Mercanti -- the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history!
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into beautiful pieces of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 2017-S Silver Eagle Proof is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin's reverse.
- BEAUTIFUL PERFECT CONDITION – The coins in your 2017 Silver Eagle Mercanti, Jones, Moy & Jeppson Signed Label Four-Piece Set come match-graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that each Silver Eagle in this set is a First Releases (FF) coin, meaning each was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release.
- SIGNED, SEALED AND DELIVERED – Each coin in this set has been sealed with a special label signed by a giant of the coin world! One was signed by John Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint; one was signed by Elizabeth Jones, the Mint’s 11th Chief Engraver; one was signed by Edmund Moy, the 38th Director of the U.S. Mint, and one was signed by Rhett Jeppson, former Principal Deputy Director of the U.S. Mint.
- LIMITED-EDITION SILVER EAGLE – These Silver Eagle Proofs were struck at the San Francisco Mint and were originally released solely as part of a special “Congratulations” set with a mintage of just 75,000.
Silver Eagles like these are perennial favorites, usually flying out of our vaults as soon as they arrive! Whether you're new to the series, a diehard collector or a silver stacker looking to add to your reserve, this is your chance to secure the 2017-S Silver Eagle Mercanti, Jones, Moy & Jeppson Signed Label Four-Piece Proof Set for your very own. Don't wait – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|