Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Great Britain 1-oz Silver Britannia 20th Anniversary NGC MS69 First Day of Issue w/Black Core
Hoist the Sails for the Silver Britannia’s 20th Anniversary!
Britannia, the embodiment of a nation and icon of maritime sovereignty, has symbolized Britain for centuries, appearing on coins dating all the way back to the Roman Empire. More recently, her name and image have graced Great Britain’s Britannia bullion coin series since 1987. Philip Nathan's design of Britannia walking along a wind-swept shore, trident in one hand with branch and shield in the other, won “Coin of the Year” honors in its premier year. Originally starting as a gold bullion series, silver Britannias started production 10 years later in 1997 with the same breathtaking design.
This iconic silver series celebrated its 20th anniversary with the 2017 One-Ounce Silver Britannia. Each was minted in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and is legal tender two pounds sterling. The brilliantly struck and beautifully detailed Britannia herself is featured on one side while a portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II graces the other – the ONLY 2017 release from the Royal Mint in 2017 to showcase designer Jody Clark’s new effigy of Her Majesty the Queen!
But what really makes this special Britannia even more special is that it not only celebrates the 20th anniversary of is the first silver Britannia coin, but represents the Mint’s FIRST-EVER mint-marked bullion coin! The mark can be seen in the form of the numeral “20” engraved between the prongs of a trident struck near the coin’s rim next to the word BRITANNIA. A special radial sunburst design has also been added to the coin’s fields to thwart any would-be counterfeiters.
In addition, your 2017 One-Ounce Silver Britannia 20th Anniversary Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. What’s more, NGC has certified that your Silver Britannia is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date! Your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with black display core – giving you the best in protection while providing clear sightlines and perfect visual contrast for every beautiful detail.
This favorite of collectors around the world is met with high demand year after year. Don't miss out on your chance to own this momentous year in Silver Britannia history – order yours today!
- THE ROYAL MINT’S FIRST MINT-MARKED BULLION COIN – This 2017 One-Ounce Silver Britannia Coin not only celebrates the 20th anniversary of is the first silver Britannia coin, but represents the Mint’s first-ever mint-marked bullion coin.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE COIN – Each Silver Britannia 20th Anniversary Coin was struck by Great Britain’s Royal Mint in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN GREAT BRITAIN – These 2017 One-Ounce Silver Britannia 20th Anniversary Coins are £2 (two pounds) legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN NEAR PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2017 One-Ounce Silver Britannia 20th Anniversary Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Silver Britannia to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special black display core.
- LIMITED EDITION RELEASE – The Royal Mint struck just 120,000 of these coin – the only 2017-dated coins it released featuring designer Jody Clark’s updated effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
Britannia never looked so good as she does on the 2017 One-Ounce Silver Britannia 20th Anniversary Bullion Coin – and now you can acquire this highly coveted coin in near-perfect Mint State-69 First Day of Issue condition! Click one to your cart and set sail with the embodiment of the British spirit!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|