Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 50 Dollar 1-oz Gold Eagle NGC MS70 First Releases - Black
Own the Most Beautiful Design in Numismatic History!
By the 1980’s, the world had abandoned the gold standard, but the appeal of precious metals especially among collectors remained strong. The United States decided to join several other nations that were already issuing bullion coins and named the series after the national bird, the eagle. When it came time to choose a design that symbolized the nation, they chose the historic Augustus Saint-Gaudens double eagle design. Inspirational and aspirational, the design has remained on the obverse throughout the series as a beacon of hope for those who wish to live in freedom and peace. The coin continues to be issued every year and is consistently among the most popular annual issues among collectors.
- THE LATEST IN A LONG RUNNING SERIES– The Gold Eagle Series began in 1986 and has been issued annually since then. It is attractive for collectors not only because of its stunning beauty and patriotism but also because of the outstanding production quality. Each Gold Eagle is struck from .9167 fine gold, and recent issues, including this one, have been struck at the West Point Mint.
- INSPIRING PATRIOTIC DESIGN– The United States has been a beacon of hope for countless people for more than two centuries. This value, as well as the aspirational desire for peace, are beautifully encapsulated in Augustus Saint-Gaudens’s design, which is considered by most collectors to be the most beautiful in numismatic history.
- SLICK BLACK CORE HOLDER– The coin comes set in a black core holder, which offers a sleek alternative to the more traditional white.
- FIRST RELEASE– NGC certified that they received this coin for grading within thirty days of its initial release from the mint by labeling it a First Release.
- AMERICAN LEGAL TENDER– Every 1 oz. Gold Eagle is $50 legal tender in the United States. The U.S. Mint has earned a reputation as the world’s most reliable, considered by many to be the ‘gold standard of the gold standard.’ Each coin is backed by the government for weight and purity.
- CERTIFIED AS PERFECT BY NGC -- Your coin will be certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
While all annual bullion and semi-numismatic issues in some way represent their countries, the Gold Eagle in many ways represents so much more. Liberty stands with her torch, which provides a light and a beacon for those yearning for freedom throughout the world, much like she does in New York Harbor next to Ellis Island, the entry point of millions of immigrants. She also holds an olive branch, which expresses another universal human desire, a desire for peace. As such, the Gold Eagle can be said not only to be America’s gold bullion coin but also the world’s. While the desires that the coin celebrates may be universal, not everyone will be able to get this stunning coin, so order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||33.93 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|