Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Tiger and Dragon NGC MS69 One of First 593 Struck
Capture the Balance and Beauty of Australia’s Tiger-and-Dragon Silver Proof
Collectibles depicting the real and mythical creatures of the Chinese lunar calendar have captivated people for centuries. No group has fallen more under the hypnotic spell of these symbolic creatures than coin collectors, who each year eagerly acquire coins and medals bearing the likenesses of these entities. In 2018, Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint issued a coin that contains the two most important and revered icons of the Chinese mythology – the Tiger and Dragon!
Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% silver, the legal tender coin pays tribute to the Tiger and Dragon on a gleaming one-dollar coin rife with symbolism. The 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin not only portrays the tiger and dragon matched in a never-ending contest of wills, but it shows the reason for the conflict: the flaming pearl of knowledge! The detail is so remarkable that it almost seems like you’re holding a vintage Chinese bas relief carving that depicts the tiger and dragon continuously circling the flaming pearl of knowledge in a perpetual dance of symmetry.
In Chinese culture, the dragon is revered as a divine mythical creature embodying power, wealth and good fortune. Dragons are frequently depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. Like the dragon, the tiger has been held in awe for centuries. In fact, since the pattern on a tiger’s forehead is similar to the Chinese character for “king” it’s resulted in the big cat’s long-standing status as a symbol of bravery and power. The tiger and the dragon are regarded as ideal matches for one another: The tiger represents the embodiment of female or ‘yin’, energy, and the dragon represents the male or ‘yang’ energy.
The follow-up to the Perth Mint’s wildly successful 2017 Dragon and Phoenix release, the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin is from a maximum worldwide mintage of just 50,000 – a mintage that has been announced as a complete sell out at the mint! In addition, your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition. In addition, NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon Silver Coin as being among the first 593 pieces struck by the mint! Each coin will come sonically sealed in a protective capsule with a special brown label that states the size of the “first struck” edition.
Devotees of Chinese culture, coin collectors and silver stackers are all sure to want a piece of this extremely limited release – and that doesn’t even include the millions of Chinese collectors eager to amass anything that pays tribute to their rich cultural heritage. Don’t be left empty-handed, reserve yours today!
- UNIQUE DESIGN WITH SYMBOLIC MEANING – The coin’s reverse depicts a dragon, a tiger and a flaming pearl. In Chinese culture, dragons are often depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. The tiger is held in deep respect and considered to be the perfect match for the dragon – together they represent symbol for yin and yang. The coin’s obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – These Tiger and Dragon Silver Coins have been struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – Each Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin is $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2018 Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- KEY FIRST STRUCK CERTIFICATION – NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin as being among the first 593 pieces struck by the mint! Each coin will come sonically sealed in a protective capsule with a special brown label that states the size of the “first struck” edition.
- SOOLD OUT LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon One-Ounce Silver Coin has been set at just 50,000 – an edition that is completely sold out at the mint!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|