Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle NGC Gem Uncirculated Mercanti Signed
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
A New Wedge-Tailed Eagle Design Has Landed for 2018!
History was made when Australia’s prestigious Perth Mint released its first Australian Wedge-Tailed Eagle coins. Never before had a former chief engraver from the U.S. Mint worked with a world mint to create a brand-new legal-tender coin. And it wasn’t just any former chief engraver, but the legendary John Mercanti, designer of the famous American Eagle Silver Dollar reverse.
2018 marks both the fifth year this ground-breaking series has been issued, as well as the release of the third Mercanti-designed Wedge-Tailed Eagle reverse! In 2014 and 2015, the series featured Mercanti's vision of an eagle in flight, ready to land. The next two years displayed a perched eagle with a stoic and majestic gaze. Now, for 2018, the time is due for another new creation – one that, along with all designs to follow, will be struck for one year and one year only! GovMint.com is proud to present the latest addition to this acclaimed series, featuring not just one but an entire FAMILY of exceptional eagles
Get yours now struck in one full ounce of 99.99% silver, and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Gem Uncirculated condition! This match between John Mercanti, the most prolific designer in United States Mint history, with the world-renowned Perth Mint is a marriage created in collector heaven!
- THREE EAGLES, ONE MAGNIFICENT DESIGN! – For this 2018 creation, John Mercanti went back into his archive of unused designs originally submitted to the U.S. Mint. Featuring a baby eaglet being watched carefully by its mother, the father of the family is shown swooping in, ready to come home to the nest. It's the eagle family design that Mercanti has been waiting to create for years, finally realized in this gorgeous coin!
- BRILLANT CRAFTSMANSHIP IN PHENOMENAL DETAIL! – Each coin begins as a hand-selected one-ounce planchet of highly pure 99.99% fine silver. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint strike each coin as only they can. When you turn this coin over in your hand and marvel at its beauty, you’ll understand why the Perth Mint's reputation for innovation and producing coins of superior quality is unsurpassed.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 1-oz Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle Mint State 70 coin is one dollar Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin's silver content, the year 2018 and the signature "P" mintmark join the wedge-tailed eagle family on the reverse.
- INCLUDES SPECIAL AUTOGRAPHED LABEL – Your Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle will also be sonically sealed in an acrylic NGC holder, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Inside that holder, you'll find another incredible feature – a label hand-signed by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagle coins at exactly 50,000!
That's right - that's only 50,000 of these coins for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this stunning silver coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment – add this 2018 Australia Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle 1-Ounce Silver Gem with its personal signature from John Mercanti to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|