Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia 1-Ounce $1 Silver Kookaburra High Relief NGC PF70UC First Releases - Australia Label
Catch These Perennial Favorite Kookaburras Before They Fly Out the Door
Kangaroos, wallabies, crocodiles, and other wildlife are among the top attractions for most tourists visiting Australia, as they hope to catch a glimpse of these exotic and often dangerous animals. For coin collectors, though, another, less threatening animal – a bird – is at the top of the list: The Perth Mint’s Silver Kookaburra!
Each year this immensely popular coin series debuts a new, one-year-only design depicting the indigenous member of the kingfisher species. As seen on this incredible one-ounce legal-tender silver proof, the 2018 design features a kookaburra, wings spread, coming in for a landing with the moon in the background. The exquisite image is brought to vivid life by the Perth Mint’s talented artisans, who expertly struck this 99.99% silver masterpiece in fantastic high relief. This is the first time the Silver Kookaburra has been struck in “Four Nines” silver as all prior issues were issued in “Thee Nines” 99.9% silver. Its superb design sitting high over the mirror-like field is a spectacular tour de force!
What also makes your 2018 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra so unique is that it has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition. In addition, NGC has certified that your proof is a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Your coin also comes sealed in a special acrylic coin holder with an exclusive Australia label.
Since its debut in 1990, the Australian Silver Kookaburra has become a top target of coin collectors. Mintage figures are far lower than most other bullion coins, and the fact that the reverse design changes every year adds an exceptional level of scarcity to go along with the stunning beauty of the series. Don’t wait to add the 2018 Australia One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra High Relief Proof to your collection today!
- FANTASTIC ONE-YEAR-ONLY DESIGN – 2018’s image of a flying kookaburra against the backdrop of a full moon is a fabulous new addition to the series that began in 1990. On the obverse side, you'll find Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Queen Elizabeth II along with the denomination.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – The 2018 Australia Silver Kookaburra High Relief Proof is struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – These 2018 Australia Silver Kookaburra High Relief Proofs are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your Silver Kookaburra will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Your coin also comes sealed in a special acrylic coin holder with an exclusive Australia label.
- EXTREMELY SMALL LIMITED MINTAGE – Just 5,000 of these 2018 Australia One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra High Relief Proofs have been issued for worldwide release by the Perth Mint.
The 2018 One-Ounce Silver Kookaburra High Relief Proof coins were stuck multiple times under many tons of pressure, bringing up the central design like a sculpture rising out of the bowl-shaped coin. These beautiful silver Kookaburra coins have a limited mintage of only 5,000 so catch yours fast before they fly away.
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|