Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia $10 10-oz Silver Wedge Tailed High Relief NGC PF70UC First Releases - Mercanti Signed Label
New One-Year-Only Design on First-Ever Ten-Ounce Wedge Tailed Eagle!
About five years ago, we brought John Mercanti and the Perth Mint together to collaborate on a new coin series. Little did we know that we'd help start an international sensation! This match of the most prolific designer in United States Mint history along with the heralded Australian mint produced the first-ever Wedge-Tailed Eagle in 2014 – the first time a U.S. Mint chief engraver designed a coin struck by another official world mint.
And now, for the first time ever, the coin has been struck as a massive 10-ounce high relief proof! Measuring a whopping 65.6 mm in diameter, this magnificent coin is truly a masterpiece and a fitting addition to Australia’s immensely popular Wedge Tailed Eagle series. In fact, it’s not only the first 10-ounce silver coin in the Wedge tailed eagles series, it’s the first 10-ounce silver high relief proof ever struck by the Perth Mint!
In 2014 and 2015, the series featured Mercanti's vision of an eagle in flight, ready to land. The next two years displayed a perched eagle with a stoic and majestic gaze. Now, for 2018, Mercanti has created a new design – one that, along with all designs to follow, will be struck for one year and one year only! GovMint.com is proud to present the latest addition to this acclaimed series, featuring not just one, but an entire FAMILY of exceptional eagles on the first-ever ten-ounce silver high relief proof!
In addition, your 2018 Australia Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! What’s more, your proof will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage.
Your 2018 Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Proof will also be sonically sealed in an acrylic NGC holder, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Inside that holder, you'll find another incredible feature – a label hand-signed by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
Get your majestic proof now struck in 99.99% silver! This match between John Mercanti, the most prolific designer in United States Mint history, with the world-renowned Perth Mint is a marriage created in collector heaven!
- FIRST-EVER TEN-OUNCE WEDGE TAILED EAGLE HIGH RELIEF PROOF – This 2018 Australia Wedge Tailed High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Proof is the first 10-ounce proof in this incredibly popular series!
- THREE EAGLES, ONE MAGNIFICENT DESIGN! – For this 2018 creation, John Mercanti went back into his archive of unused designs originally submitted to the U.S. Mint. Featuring a baby eaglet being watched carefully by its mother, the father of the family is shown swooping in, ready to come home to the nest. It's the eagle family design that Mercanti has been waiting to create for years, finally realized in this stunning proof!
- BRILLANT CRAFTSMANSHIP IN PHENOMENAL HIGH RELIEF! – Each coin begins as a hand-selected ten-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure silver. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint strike each coin multiple times with polished, curved dies. The result is a high relief proof with sharp, frosted details that tower over a deep, concave field gleaming with a mirror-like surface.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof is 10 dollars Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin's silver content, the year 2018 and the signature "P" mintmark join the wedge-tailed eagle family on the reverse.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition!
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your coin will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- INCLUDES SPECIAL AUTOGRAPHED LABEL – Your Wedge-Tailed Eagle Ten-Ounce Silver Proof will also be sonically sealed in an acrylic NGC holder. Inside that holder you'll find another incredible feature – a label hand-signed by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these 2018 Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Ten-Ounce Silver Proofs at exactly 1,000!
That's right – there are only 1,000 of these proofs for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this gorgeous silver coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment – add this 2018 Ten-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||311.03 Grams -g|
|Weight||10 Ounces - oz|