Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia $2 2-oz Silver Piedfort Dove BU
This product DOES NOT allow the following payment options: Bank Wire GM or Split Pay .
The Dove of Peace Brings an End to World War I
One hundred years ago on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, millions of soldiers laid down their arms amid the beautiful sound of silence drifting across the crooked trenches snaking across Europe. World War I was finally over and peace at long last settled over the world. The date was November 11, 1918 – Armistice Day – a day that has lived on in tribute to the millions of people who lost their lives in “the war to end all wars.”
To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the solemn milestone, Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint issued a spectacular double-thick Piedfort coin struck in two full ounces of highly-pure 99.99% silver. It’s a hefty tribute to one of the costliest wars in human history with a poignant design full of rich symbolism. It features the Dove of Peace on the reverse with a poppy in its beak against a background engraving of the word “Peace” repeated in many different typestyles.
Why the poppy? It’s a reference to the red field poppies that sprouted from the graves of the fallen soldiers in Flanders on the Western Front in Belgium. The scene was described in vivid detail in the poem In Flanders Fields by Canadian physician John McCrae and published in 1915 during the second year of the conflict. Today, poppies are worn on November 11th as a remembrance of all soldiers killed in battle.
Just 10,000 of these splendid Brilliant Uncirculated coins will be struck for worldwide release – an exceptionally small bullion edition from the Perth Mint, and one that will have collectors, history buffs and silver stackers all vying to get their hands on them. Make sure you don’t miss out; click one to your cart right now!
- MASSIVE COIN COMMEMORATES THE END OF WWI – This double-thick Piedfort coin was struck to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. It features the Dove Peace on the reverse with a poppy in its beak with a background full of the word “Peace” in many different typestyles. The 1918 anniversary date and the inscription “END of WORLD WAR I” round out the design. The obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Struck by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint, each coin is struck in two ounces of highly pure 99.99% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2018 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Dove Coins are $2 legal tender in Australia.
- GLEAMING BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2018 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Dove Coin comes in gleaming Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition with razor sharp details as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for this special World War I commemorative has been set at just 10,000.
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I with this 2018 Australia Two-Ounce Silver Piedfort Dove Coin. It’s a beautiful coin that perfectly captures the hopes and dreams of all who fight in wars – peace.
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|