Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia $2 2-oz Silver Tiger & Dragon High Relief NGC Gem Proof First Releases
Capture the Balance and Beauty of Australia’s Tiger-and-Dragon Silver Proof
Collectibles depicting the real and mythical creatures of the Chinese lunar calendar have captivated people for centuries. No group has fallen more under the hypnotic spell of these symbolic creatures than coin collectors, who each year eagerly acquire coins and medals bearing the likenesses of these entities. In 2018, Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint issued a coin that contains the two most important and revered icons of the Chinese mythology – the Tiger and Dragon!
Struck in two ounces of 99.99% silver, the legal tender proof pays tribute to the Tiger and Dragon on a gleaming proof coin rife with symbolism. The 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon High Relief Two-Ounce Silver Proof not only shows the tiger and dragon matched in a never-ending contest of wills, but it shows the reason for the conflict: the flaming pearl of knowledge! Of particular note is the incredible high relief sculpting on these coins. The detail is so remarkable that it almost seems like you’re holding a vintage Chinese bas relief carving that shows the tiger and dragon continuously circling the flaming pearl of knowledge in a perpetual dance of symmetry.
In Chinese culture, the dragon is revered as a divine mythical creature embodying power, wealth and good fortune. Dragons are frequently depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. Like the dragon, the tiger has been held in awe for centuries. In fact, since the pattern on a tiger’s forehead is similar to the Chinese character for “king” it’s resulted in the big cat’s long-standing status as a symbol of bravery and power. The tiger and the dragon are regarded as ideal matches for one another: The tiger represents the embodiment of female or ‘yin’, energy, and the dragon represents the male or ‘yang’ energy.
The follow-up to the Perth Mint’s wildly successful 2017 Dragon and Phoenix release, the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon High Relief Two-Ounce Silver Proof is from a maximum worldwide mintage of just 1,500 coins. In addition, your coin been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. In addition, NGC has certified your Tiger and Dragon Silver Proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means it was among the first coins struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
Devotees of Chinese culture, coin collectors and silver stackers are all sure to want a piece of this extremely limited release – and that doesn’t even include the millions of Chinese collectors eager to amass anything that pays tribute to their rich cultural heritage. Don’t be left empty-handed, reserve yours today!
- UNIQUE DESIGN WITH SYMBOLIC MEANING – The coin’s reverse depicts a dragon, a tiger and a flaming pearl. In Chinese culture, dragons are often depicted in pursuit of the flaming pearl, a metaphor for wisdom and enlightenment. The tiger is held in deep respect and considered to be the perfect match for the dragon – together they represent symbol for yin and yang. The coin’s obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – These Tiger and Dragon High Relief Silver Coins have been struck in two ounces of 99.99% silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – Each Australia Tiger and Dragon High Relief Two-Ounce Silver Proof is $5 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your Tiger and Dragon High Relief Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Gem Proof condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASE CERTIFICATION – NGC has also certified your Tiger and Dragon High Relief Silver Prof to be a First Releases (FR) coin.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon High Relief Two-Ounce Silver Proof has been set at only 1,500.
Don’t miss your chance to capture the balance and beauty of the 2018 Australia Tiger and Dragon High Relief Two-Ounce Silver Proof. It’s available now only while supplies last so add one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.213 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|