Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia 2 Ounce $200 Gold Wedge Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $5,495.00 $5,332.90
$1,373.75 / month
The Fifth Anniversary of a Historic Partnership Heralds a New One-Year-Only Design!
About five years ago, we brought John Mercanti and the Perth Mint together to collaborate on a new coin series. Little did we know that we'd help start an international sensation! This match of the most prolific designer in United States Mint history along with the heralded Australian mint produced the first-ever Wedge-Tailed Eagle in 2014 – the first time a U.S. Mint chief engraver designed a coin struck by another official world mint.
In 2014 and 2015, the series featured Mercanti's vision of an eagle in flight, ready to land. The next two years displayed a perched eagle with a stoic and majestic gaze. Now, for 2018, the time is due for another new creation – one that, along with all designs to follow, will be struck for one year and one year only! GovMint.com is proud to present the latest addition to this acclaimed series, featuring not just one, but an entire FAMILY of exceptional eagles!
Get your majestic proof now struck in two ounce of 99.99% gold! This match between John Mercanti, the most prolific designer in United States Mint history, with the world-renowned Perth Mint is a marriage created in collector heaven!
- THREE EAGLES, ONE MAGNIFICENT DESIGN! – For this 2018 creation, John Mercanti went back into his archive of unused designs originally submitted to the U.S. Mint. Featuring a baby eaglet being watched carefully by its mother, the father of the family is shown swooping in, ready to come home to the nest. It's the eagle family design that Mercanti has been waiting to create for years, finally realized in this stunning proof!
- BRILLANT CRAFTSMANSHIP IN PHENOMENAL HIGH RELIEF! – Each coin begins as a hand-selected two-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure gold. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint strike each coin multiple times with polished, curved dies. The result is a high relief proof with sharp, frosted details that tower over a deep, concave field gleaming with a mirror-like surface.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 2-oz Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof is 200 dollars Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin's gold content, the year 2018 and the signature "P" mintmark join the wedge-tailed eagle family on the reverse.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your coin will be in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proofs at exactly 250!
That's right – there are only 250 of these proofs for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this gorgeous gold coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment – add this 2018 2-oz Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|