Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia Tenth-Ounce-Gold Wedge Tailed Eagle Uncirculated
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $179.95 $174.64
$89.98 / month
The Historic John Mercanti and Perth Mint Collaboration Continues!
A few years ago, we brought together John Mercanti and the Perth Mint to collaborate on a new coin series. Little did we know that we'd help start an international sensation! This match of the most prolific designer in United States Mint history along with the heralded Australian mint produced the first-ever Wedge-Tailed Eagle in 2014 – the first time a U.S. Mint chief engraver designed a coin struck by another official world mint. Now in its fifth year, the Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle series is still going strong with this 2018 tenth-ounce gold masterpiece!
Not only does 2018 mark the fifth year this ground-breaking series has been issued, it also represents the third Mercanti-designed Wedge-Tailed Eagle reverse! In 2014 and 2015, the series featured Mercanti's vision of an eagle in flight, ready to land. The next two years displayed a perched eagle with a stoic and majestic gaze. Now, for 2018, the time is due for another new creation – one that, along with all designs to follow, will be struck for one year and one year only! GovMint.com is proud to present the latest addition to this acclaimed series, featuring not just one but an entire FAMILY of exceptional eagles!
When you turn this coin over in your hand and marvel at its beauty, you’ll understand why the Perth Mint's reputation for innovation and producing coins of superior quality is unsurpassed. Get yours now –this match between John Mercanti, the most prolific designer in United States Mint history, with the world-renowned Perth Mint is a marriage created in collector heaven!
- THREE EAGLES, ONE MAGNIFICENT DESIGN! – For this 2018 creation, John Mercanti went back into his archive of unused designs originally submitted to the U.S. Mint. Featuring a baby eaglet being watched carefully by its mother, the father of the family is shown swooping in, ready to come home to the nest. It's the eagle family design that Mercanti has been waiting to create for years, finally realized in this gorgeous coin!
- BRILLANT CRAFTSMANSHIP – Each coin begins as a tenth-ounce planchet of highly pure 99.99% fine gold. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint use state-of-the-art technology to strike each coin with crisp details that rise over a lustrous finish.
- LEGAL TENDER AUSTRALIAN COINAGE – The 2018 Tenth-Ounce Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle is $15 Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin's gold content, the year 2018 and the signature "P" mintmark join the wedge-tailed eagle family on the reverse.
- BEAUTIFUL UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin will come in beautiful Uncirculated condition bursting with all of its original mint luster.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagles at exactly 10,000 and they’re available outside of Australia only through GovMint.com!
That's right - that's only 10,000 of these coins for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this phenomenal gold coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment – add this 2018 Tenth-Ounce-Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.11 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz|