Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle 5-oz Silver High Relief Proof NGC PF70UC FR Flag Core Mercanti Signed
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $695.00 $674.50
$231.67 / month
A New Wedge-Tailed Eagle Design Has Landed for 2018!
A few years ago, we brought together John Mercanti and the Perth Mint to collaborate on a new coin series. Little did we know that we'd help start an international sensation! This match of the most prolific designer in United States Mint history along with the heralded Australian mint produced the first-ever Wedge-Tailed Eagle in 2014 – the first time a U.S. Mint chief engraver has designed a coin struck by another official world mint. Now in its fifth year, the Australia Wedge-Tail Eagle series is still impressing collectors with this massive five-ounce high relief Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle Proof!
Not only does 2018 mark the fifth year this ground-breaking series has been issued, it also represents the third Mercanti-designed Wedge-Tailed Eagle reverse! In 2014 and 2015, the series featured Mercanti's vision of an eagle in flight, ready to land. The next two years displayed a perched eagle with a stoic and majestic gaze. Now, for 2018, the time is due for another new creation – one that, along with all designs to follow, will be struck for one year and one year only! GovMint.com is proud to present the latest addition to this acclaimed series, featuring not just one but an entire FAMILY of exceptional eagles!
Each coin begins as a hand-selected five-ounce planchet of highly pure 99.99% fine silver. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint strike each coin as only they can. When you turn this coin over in your hand and marvel at its beauty, you’ll understand why the Perth Mint's reputation for innovation and producing coins of superior quality is unsurpassed.
In addition, the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) has graded your coin tom be in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! Your proof will also be certified by NGC as a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. It will come sonically sealed in a special coin holder with a flag core and a label personally hand-signed by John Mercanti himself!
Get yours now struck in five ounce of 99.99% silver, and graded in perfect PF70UC condition! This match between John Mercanti, the most prolific designer in United States Mint history, with the world-renowned Perth Mint is a marriage created in collector heaven!
- THREE EAGLES, ONE MAGNIFICENT DESIGN! – For this 2018 creation, John Mercanti went back into his archive of unused designs originally submitted to the U.S. Mint. Featuring a baby eaglet being watched carefully by its mother, the father of the family is shown swooping in, ready to come home to the nest. It's the eagle family design that Mercanti has been waiting to create for years, finally realized in this gorgeous coin!
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is $8 Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin's silver content, the year 2018 and the signature "P" mintmark join the wedge-tailed eagle family on the reverse.
- GRADED IN PERFECT CONDITION – The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) has graded your coin to be in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION -- Your proof will also be certified by NGC as a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- INCLUDES SIGNATURE OF DESIGN JOHN MERCANTI – Your Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle proof will come sonically sealed in a special coin holder with a flag core and a label personally hand-signed by John Mercanti himself!
- PRESENTED IN PERTH MINT PACKAGING – Your 2017 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Reverse Proof will arrive to you in a Perth Mint-branded presentation case along with a numbered certificate of authenticity and story card.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagle coins at exactly 2,500!
That's right - that's only 2,500 of these coins for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this stunning silver coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment – add this 2018 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle Five-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Coin Weight||155.6 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|