Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada 1 Ounce $20 Silver Iconic Inukshuk Gilded Proof
A Coin That Rocks… Gilded in Gold!
For centuries, European explorers sought to find a sea route from the Northern Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean along the northern coast of North America. Instead of a viable route, however, they discovered a harsh, frozen and barren landscape with few natural landmarks. Long before those pioneers braved Canada’s arctic tundra, the native Inuit people had crisscrossed the continent and left markers to show the way. Built of stones gathered from the rocky terrain, these monuments not only serve as points of reference, but are of deep cultural significance to the Inuit people.
To pay tribute to these iconic landmarks, the Royal Canadian Mint in 2018 released a limited edition commemorative silver coin that was sumptuously gilded in gleaming gold. Struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, the $20 legal-tender coin features an image of an Inuit stone monument or “inukshuk” that one might see at Enukso Point on Baffin island, a Canadian National Historic Site that is home to more than 100 inukshuks.
Your 2018 Canada Iconic Inukshuk One-Ounce Silver Gilded Proof will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. It will be shipped in official mint packaging and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
With a strict maximum worldwide edition limit of just 5,000, you could be left out in the cold if you don’t act now. Click one to your cart today!
- MONUMENTAL ICONIC CANADIAN DESIGN – The iconic image of an Inuit stone monument or “inukshuk” stands stall on this coin. The background is gilded in gold to make the structure all the more impressive. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. This side has also been plated in gold, making the Queen appear more regal than ever. The obverse also features a small “P” mark to indicate that the coin is gold plated.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2018 Canada Iconic Inukshuk Silver Gilded Proof is struck in a Troy ounce of 99.99% silver.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2018 Canada Iconic Inukshuk One-Ounce Silver Gilded Proofs are $20 legal tender in Canada.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Canada Iconic Inukshuk One-Ounce Silver Gilded Proof will come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
- LOW LIMITED EDITION LIMIT – The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for this release at just 5,000 coins. Your proof will be shipped in official mint packaging and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|