Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada 1-oz Silver Incuse Maple Leaf NGC MS70 First Releases - Black
A New Way to Appreciate a Classic Design
When the Silver Maple Leaf debuted in 1988, simplicity and elegance came together in stunning fashion. A single maple leaf, a symbol of Canada that appears on its flag and is associated throughout the world with the country and is remarkable natural beauty, served as the reverse design of the country’s new bullion coin. Simple in concept, the design captured every intricate detail of the maple leaf, including its stem and its veins, giving the coin collector the opportunity to examine it just as a hiker who came across a leaf on a crisp fall day might. For thirty years, that design served collectors well with relatively little change. This 2018 Incuse Silver Maple Leaf coin offers you the chance to admire that remarkable design in a new way.
- FIRST EVER INCUSE MAPLE LEAF – After thirty years of conventional issues, this 2018 Incuse Silver Maple Leaf coin depicts the classic design in an entirely new way.
- FOUR NINE FINE WITH EXQUISITE INCUSE EXECUTION – Each 2018 Silver Incuse Maple Leaf was struck from 99.99% fine silver, the same purity as its traditional counterpart. Incuse designs are relatively easy to execute on gold coins due to the metal’s pliability, but it took exceptional technical expertise on the part of the Royal Canadian Mint to produce an incuse design on a silver coin.
- FIRST INCUSE SILVER BULLION COINS – Due to the difficulty of striking incuse designs on silver coins, this is the first time that an incuse bullion coin has ever been mass produced.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2018 Silver Incuse Maple Leaf is five dollars legal tender in Canada, as noted beneath the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II that appears on the obverse.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although this is a bullion issue, a mintage cap of 250,000 pieces has been set, a number well below most silver bullion issues.
For Silver Eagles and many other coins, flawless pieces that earn NGC’s highest grade, MS70, are plentiful. Because of the unique striking process and finish of Canadian Silver Maple Leafs, perfect coins are extremely hard to find. In fact, fewer than 1,300 Silver Maple Leafs from 2014-2016 earned that grade. Accordingly, it is not just the first ever stunning Incuse Maple Leaf design that makes this coin so appealing, but it is also the scarcity of pieces that will be available. Do not miss your opportunity to own this flawless 2018 1-oz Silver Incuse Maple Leaf coin. Order yours now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|