Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada 10 Dollar 1/2-oz Silver Year Of The Dog Specimen
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
Celebrate the Year of the Dog with This ½ oz. Silver Coin from the Royal Canadian Mint!
All around the world, coins that follow the Chinese lunar calendar are popular with collectors. 2018 is the Year of the Dog once again and a variety of nations are striking coins for the occasion. This 2018 Year of the Dog Silver coin was issued by Canada.
Since it was issued by Canada, it was struck by the Royal Canadian Mint. It weighs ½ Troy oz. and is made of .9999 fine silver. The design is unique, it depicts a dog but the dog has a pattern rather than normal fur. There will be no more than 15,888 of these minted.
- Year of the Dog Design– This coin has a special design for the Year of the Dog in 2018. There are 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac, so each one occurs once every 12 years. The dog on the reverse is depicted in a unique way. It has a floral pattern covering its body as opposed to realistic features.
- High Purity– The Royal Canadian Mint is known for producing some of the world’s purest Silver. This ½ oz. coin is made of .9999 fine Silver. Silver coins with a fineness of .9999 are some of the purest on the market.
- Legal Tender in Canada– While you wouldn’t want to, you could use this Year of the Dog coin as legal tender in Canada. It has a face value of $10. Like other Canadian coins, it features a depiction of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse. This portrait is the work of Susanna Blunt.
- Original Packaging– This ½ oz. Silver coin is fresh from the Royal Canadian Mint and still in its original packaging. The original packaging includes a clamshell box and this coin also comes with a certificate of authenticity.
- Production is Limited – Like previous Lunar themed coins from the Royal Canadian Mint, mintage of this one is limited. A maximum of 15,888 of these will be struck.
Lunar coins look great in any collection. This 2018 Canada ½ oz. Year of the Dog Silver coin in original packaging could be yours, order from GovMint.com today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||15.87 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|