Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Mettlesome Mountain Goat Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$89.95$64.00 Was $87.30$62.11
Let Canada’s Mountain Goat Dance from a Rocky Ledge Into Your Collection
The image most people have of a seasoned mountaineer is one of a rugged individual equipped with crampons, glare-reducing sunglasses, ice axes, harnesses, helmet, carabiners, lanyards and ropes. But for Canada’s most accomplished mountaineers all you’ll see them outfitted in is a thick woolly coat. Surprised? Don’t be, we’re talking about a Canada’s nimble-footed mountain goat – the latest addition to the Royal Canadian Mint’s Majestic Wildlife coin series.
The third and final coin in the series, the large 38 mm coin is struck in pure 99.99% silver and shows a Mettlesome Mountain Goat deftly dancing along an outcropping in Canada’s wilderness mountains. The coin seems to take on a life of its own with the selective addition of color. In combination with the coin’s mirror proof fields, the colorization on the mountain goat, rocks and trees gives this piece a stunning 3D effect. It’s a work of art in pure silver!
Canada’s mountain goat is more than meets the eye. Oh sure, it has hooves that would make it seem like it would slide right off the rocks it calls home, but those hooves actually have two flexible toes that are squeezed together or spread apart to provide solid footing on even the most perilous surfaces. These natural climbers actually spend three-quarters of their lives on steep rocky ledges – some as steep as 60-degrees. With their thick hair they can withstand almost any element Mother Nature throws at them and their almost inaccessible habitat makes them difficult prey for predators like bears, wolves and cougars.
You don’t have to climb the highest mountain to catch a glimpse of this Mountain Goat —just add it to your cart today and you’ll soon have one of nature’s most skilled mountaineers to call your very own!
- FINAL COIN IN THREE-COIN SERIES – The 2018 Canada 1-oz Silver Majestic Wildlife Mountain Goat Colorized Proof is the last coin in The Royal Canadian Mint’s Majestic Wildlife 3-coin series. The remarkable design of a shaggy Mountain Goat on the coin’s reverse joins the Courageous Cougar and Wandering White-Tail Deer as a trio of magnificent wildlife-themed coins. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE 99.99% SILVER – Your Majestic Wildlife Mountain Goat Colorized Proof was beautifully struck in an ounce of 99.99% silver.
- SELECTIVE COLORING ADDED TO ACCENTUATE THE DESIGN – The design of this coin is enhanced thanks to selective color meticulously applied to the foreground including the mountain goat, rocks and trees to accentuate every detail.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – This coin is $20 legal tender in Canada.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Canada 1-oz Silver Majestic Wildlife Mountain Goat coin is in gorgeous proof condition and features multiple finishes for added depth and dimension.
- SMALL LIMITED EDITION LIMIT – The Royal Canadian Mint struck only 6,000 of the beautiful coins making it a relatively small edition for an exotic animal series as popular as its Majestic Wildlife series.
With just 6,000 of these colorful proofs available for worldwide release, collectors will be climbing all over each other to get one. Avoid the bottleneck and reserve yours right now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|