Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada $250 Kilo Silver Voyageurs Dome Concave Ultra-High Relief Antiqued BU
“Dis Oui à L'aventure!” Capture the Spirit of Exploration with Massive Voyageurs Coin
The first-ever Canadian kilo coin to feature a concave oval shape! Struck in one kilogram of 99.99% fine silver, this $250 legal-tender coin from the Royal Canadian Mint captures the spirit of exploration like no other piece before it. The reverse features an ultra-high relief, deeply concave design of voyageurs – French Canadians who transported furs by long distances via canoe in the 18th and early 19th centuries – paddling their wears to their next destination along the upper Ottawa River.
Considered heroes in French Canada, the voyageurs were living legends, with folk songs of the time guaranteeing them celebrity status and wealth However, the life was not always as glamorous as the songs painted – it was a long, hard life, with injuries caused by physical strain a constant threat and frequent cause of death.
With this antiqued silver kilo, you can relive the adventure and natural splendor of the voyageur’s life. Only 400 were struck, so get yours now!
- FIRST-EVER CANADA SILVER KILO CONCAVE OVAL COIN – The 2018 Canada Silver Voyageurs Coin is the Royal Canadian Mint’s first-ever kilogram coin featuring an oval and concave shape. The coin features a band of voyageurs paddling their canoe in the upper Ottawa River, the high relief detail, intricate detail and large shape – 161.8 mm across – is a jaw-dropping example of the Mint’s technical prowess!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – The 2018 Canada Silver Voyageurs Coin is struck in a full kilogram – more than 2.2 pounds – of highly-pure 99.99% silver.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 Canada One-Kilo Silver Voyageurs Coin is $250 legal tender in Canada.
- ULTRA HIGH RELIEF ANTIQUED PROOF FINISH – Not only does your Canada Silver Voyageurs Coin feature an oval and concave shape, but it also boasts a detailed Ultra High Relief (UHR) design. The coin was also struck in proof quality with a professional satin-like antiqued finish for a stunning overall appearance.
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for this 2018 Canada One-Kilo Silver Voyageurs Coin at only 400 – and the mintage is completely sold out at the mint!
With such a small mintage and its sold-out status, if you don’t jump at this opportunity to acquire Canada’s first-ever kilo coin to feature a concave oval shape, you could be left feeling like you’re up a creek without a paddle! Don’t wait; click one to your cart right now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||Ultra-High Relief|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||1010 Grams - g|
|Dimensions||161.8 x 100 mm|