Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada $5 1-oz Silver Incuse Maple Leaf NGC MS70 Black Core
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.00 $86.37
30th Anniversary Silver Maple Leafs Feature FIRST-EVER Incuse Design!
To celebrate three decades of striking its signature pure silver coins, The Royal Canadian Mint has released a FIRST-EVER Silver Maple Leaf with an incuse design! What does “incuse” mean? Simply put, it’s the opposite of high-relief coins – the obverse and reverse design elements of incuse coins are sunk into the surface of the coins rather than raised above it like most coins you see. This method of striking coins was popularized in the early m20th Century to reduce the normal wear and tear of common circulating coins.
Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver and bearing a denomination of $5, these new 2018 Silver Incuse Maple Leafs may be legal tender, but it’s unlikely that they’ll ever circulate as actual cash money. Just 250,000 will be minted – and even fewer will be certified by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in the flawless Mint State 70 (MS70) condition that the coins available in this offer are in – that’s the top grade any coin can earn! In addition, your Canada One-Ounce Silver Incuse Maple Leaf will come sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a black core insert – providing you the best in protection while giving you clear sightlines and perfect visual contrast for every beautiful detail. The case also includes an exclusive Canada label that features a charming image of Niagara Falls.
This is your opportunity, while our supply lasts, to add one of the best of the best of these new incuse design coins to your collection. Just don’t wait – as one of the most recognized silver coins in the world, demand is likely to exceed supply. Click one to your cart today!
- FIRST-EVER INCUSE DESIGN ON CANADIAN SILVER MAPLE LEAF – To celebrate three decades of its signature 99.99% pure silver coins, The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) released its FIRST-EVER Silver Maple Leaf with an incuse design, meaning the design is sunk into the coin rather than raised above the surface. The coin’s reverse features the traditional Maple Leaf design while the obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- ADVANCED ANTI-FORGERY PROTECTION – Look below the coin's centerpiece and you'll discover another smaller leaf, micro-engraved with the number "18." Along with the Maple Leaf's textured background, this elegant mark serves to thwart counterfeiters – and give you full assurance that you have a genuine, government-guaranteed, high-purity silver coin in your possession.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK AND PROTECTED BY MINTSHIELD™! -- Each Silver Incuse Maple Leaf is among the first ever to feature RCM's proprietary MINTSHIELD surface protection – a solution that's scientifically proven to significantly reduce the development of white spots on the coin's features and fields over time!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2018 Canada Silver Incuse Maple Leaf has been struck in one ounce of 99.99% silver.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – The Silver Incuse Maple Leaf coins are $5 legal tender in Canada.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your Canada One-Ounce Silver Incuse Maple Leaf has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, your coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a black core insert and an exclusive Canada label.
- STRICT LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin at just 250,000.
Whether you're a long-time fan of the series or new to the party, a bonafide silver stacker or a numismatic nut, these stunning Silver Incuse Maple Leafs are must-haves for your collection! Just don't take too much time deciding how many you want -- we're expecting demand for this debut to be massive! Join the celebration and get yours now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|