Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada 5 Dollar 1-oz Silver Maple Leaf 30th Anniversary Design NGC MS69 First Releases - Black
Celebrating an Important Milestone of a Numismatic Icon
Bullion coins throughout the world impress collectors with multiple symbols or changing designs. Since its inception in 1988, though, the Silver Maple Leaf has stood out for its consistency, elegance, and simplicity. Throughout its history, the coin has featured a single maple leaf, a symbol so closely associated with the country that anyone – collector or otherwise – would immediately associate it with Canada. Although the concept of the design is simple, the execution is anything but. Elaborate engraving captures every detail of the beautiful symbol, from the petiole to the apex, with each vein detailed to perfection. This 2018 Canada 1-oz Silver Maple Leaf 30th Anniversary Design coin features that iconic design with an overlapping “30” to mark the milestone for the series.
- FOUR NINE FINE! – The Silver Maple Leaf is a global leader in terms of purity in bullion coins. A handful of coins equal its 99.99% purity, but none exceed it. This 30th Anniversary coin continues that tradition of excellence, with each coin struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver.
- AN ICONIC DESIGN WITH AN ANNIVERSARY TWIST – This 30th Anniversary Silver Maple Leaf coin features the design that collectors have come to know and love for the past thirty years with the anniversary, “30,’ intertwined with the design.
- UNIQUE SECURITY FEATURES – The Royal Canadian Mint (RCM) recently added security features to its Silver Maple Leafs, and those features are included on this 30th Anniversary edition. One of those features is a maple leaf privy, which has the year of issue, in this case “18,” laser etched into the center. The second is radial lines that spread out from the center on both faces.
- CERTIFIED VIRTUALLY FLAWLESS WITH BLACK CORE -- Your coin will be graded Mint State-69 (MS69) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. The mint set the coin in a sleek black core.
- FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC certified that this coin was among the First Releases, meaning that it was received for grading a maximum of thirty days after its initial mint release.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2018 1-oz Silver Maple Leaf 30th Anniversary Design is $5 legal tender in Canada, as noted along with the anniversary years under Susanna Blunt’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
From its use of four-nine fine silver to the intricate detail that goes into what appears at first glance to be a simple design, the Royal Canadian Mint continues to keep the Silver Maple Leaf at the fore of collectors’ minds. This 2018 Canada 1-oz Silver Maple Leaf 30th Anniversary Design offers some novelty in an otherwise extremely consistent series, giving collectors the opportunity to mark the occasion along with the mint while not replacing the annual bullion issue. For those who love the Maple Leaf series, this coin is a must! This is the first time in five years that the RCM has offered an anniversary issue, and it will be at least another five years until it does so again, so order this coin today at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Releases|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|