Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada $50 1-oz Gold Maple Leaf NGC MS70 First Day of Issue
Gorgeous Gold from the Royal Canadian Mint!
When you think of Canada, the image of a red, sharply-defined maple leaf pops into your head. Since the 1700s, this beautiful piece of foliage has been Canada’s identifying image, signifying pride, connection and community. Standing front and center on the Canadian flag since 1965, the maple leaf is also the namesake of the country’s signature gold bullion coin.
Since its introduction in 1979, the Gold Maple Leaf is now among the most iconic and instantly recognizable coins in the world. Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% pure gold, it has a legal-tender value of $50 and features its eponymous leaf surrounded by radial lines – an advanced security feature that helps inhibit forgery.
One year shy of its 40th anniversary, this 2018 Gold Maple Leaf comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has graded your Gold Maple Leaf to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. It’s the finest of the first 2018 Gold Maple Leafs. Secure yours now!
- SINGULAR, ICONIC DESIGN – The 2018 Gold Maple Leaf’s primary design is still as lifelike as ever. One leaf, exhibiting superior texture and detail, is surrounded by a vivid burst of radial lines.
- ADVANCED ANTI-FORGERY PROTECTION – Look below the coin's centerpiece and you'll discover another smaller leaf, micro-engraved with the number “18.” Along with the Maple Leaf's textured background, this elegant mark serves to thwart counterfeiters – and gives you full assurance that you hold a genuine, government-guaranteed, high-purity gold coin in your possession.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK – The artisans of the Royal Canadian Mint are known around the world for their craft. Beginning as a one-ounce planchet of 99.99% pure gold, each coin is struck to create bullion of exceptional quality.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 One-Ounce Gold Maple Leaf is 50 dollars Canada legal tender, confirmed on the coin’s obverse along with Susanna Blunt’s portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2018 One-Ounce Gold Maple Leaf has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – Your Gold Maple Leaf will also be certified as a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin by NGC – independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
For nearly four decades, collectors have clamored over each new annual Maple leaf release. Don’t wait to get your piece of the 2018 edition; order one for your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|