Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles 1-oz Silver Proof
Take Flight with North America’s Magnificent Bald Eagles
Everyone knows that the Bald Eagle is the national bird of the United States. It appears everywhere from coins to flags to 4th-of-July car advertisements. But it’s also a uniquely Norther American bird of prey with a range not just over all of the lower 48 states, but across Canada and Alaska as well. In fact, British Columbia on Canada’s west coast boasts the second largest Bald Eagle population in the world trailing only in Alaska in total numbers!
It’s no surprise then that the Royal Canadian Mint chose the Bald Eagle as the subject of a spectacular new one-ounce silver coin struck in pure 99.99% silver. The 2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver Proof pays tribute to Canada’s largest bird of prey with a classic design that deftly captures the Bald Eagle’s indomitable spirit. The design on this legal-tender proof actually shows three Bald Eagles in various poses. The detail is so exquisite that the eyes of each eagle seem to pop off the surface of the coin!
Besides Alaska and Canada, Bald Eagles have been sighted in all 48 contiguous states and as far south as Mexico. With an estimated 70,000 birds, more than half of the world’s total Bald Eagle population lives in Alaska. The second most populous region is in British Columbia with 20,000 eagles. Bald Eagles are most numerous outside of Alaska and British Columbia in Florida, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver Proof at only 5,500 – a number far too low for all of the Canadian and United States collectors who would like to get their hands on these coins. Each proof will also come beautifully displayed in an official presentation box and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
These eagles have landed, but with such a small edition limit who knows for how long! Don’t let these magnificent silver coins fly away, add one to your cart today!
- BEAUTIFUL BALD EAGLE DESIGN – The exciting design of three Bald Eagles on the coin’s reverse is the work of designer Tony Bianco. It’s a spectacular work of engraved wildlife art that deftly captures the bald eagle’s indomitable spirit. The coin’s obverse features Susanna Blunt’s effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Each 2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver Proof is struck in 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – These Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver Proofs are $15 legal tender in Canada.
- GORGEOUS GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver coin is in Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint has set the maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver Proof at only 5,500.
Take flight with the 2018 Canada Magnificent Bald Eagles One-Ounce Silver Proof before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|