Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 China 2-oz Silver Phoenix & Dragon Medal NGC Gem Proof First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $249.00 $241.65
$124.50 / month
Capture the Harmony of These Phoenix & Dragon Silver “Cash Coin” Proofs
Two of the most revered symbols in Chinese culture are the Phoenix, the mythical king of all birds, and the Dragon, the most powerful creature in Chinese mythology. Together, these creatures represent the core concept in Feng Shui with the Phoenix representing Yin to the Dragon’s Yang. The two are said to strengthen each other when paired, as evidenced by their use in Chinese history as symbols of the Empress and Emperor, respectively.
Now these two creatures are paired once again on a truly magical release issued by China’s famous Shanghai Mint. This exclusive proof is part of a series of first-ever Phoenix and Dragon proofs from China to feature the unique square “cash hole” of Chinese antiquity, which was traditionally used to string 100, 300 or even a thousand coins together for easy counting.
Struck in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver, this proof features a Western interpretation of the characters, with the Dragon displaying lizard-like scales and the Phoenix taking an aggressive peacock-like appearance. What’s more, this proof comes from one of the lowest mintages of Phoenix & Dragon coins we’ve ever seen – just 2,000 pieces for the entire world!
If you act quickly, you can secure one of these proofs graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in gorgeous Gem Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. In addition, NGC has also graded these Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proofs to be First Releases (FR), a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release!
The popularity of Chinese-themed coins around the world is simply staggering. Hurry; secure your 2018 China Two-Ounce Silver Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proof now before these mythical creatures soar into the history books!
- FIRST-EVER PHOENIX & DRAGON SQUARE-HOLED “CASH COIN” DESIGN – This proof represents the first-ever Phoenix & Dragon square-holed “Cash Coin” design. It features the Yin and Yang nature of the dragon and phonics on the reverse while the obverse depicts a secti0on of the iconic Great Wall of China.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proof was struck by the prestigious Shanghai Mint in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- GORGEOUS GEM PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 China Two-Ounce Silver Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proof to be a First Releases (FR) piece, a designation that means it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the its release.
- INCREDIBLE LOW MINTAGE – The maximum mintage of the 2018 China Two-Ounce Silver Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proof is limited to just 2,000.
The 2018 China Two-Ounce Silver Phoenix & Dragon “Cash Coin” Proof is sure to be a crowd-pleaser by both collectors of Chinese-themed releases and silver stackers everywhere. Don’t miss out; click one of these fabulous proofs to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Condition||Graded, Gem Proof|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|