Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 China 30 Gram Silver Panda NGC MS69 First Day Of Issue - White
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.00 $96.08
Continuing an Adorable Tradition!
The Gold Panda has served as a celebration of China and the iconic animal that is so closely associated with the country. Since then, it has been one of the most anticipated releases every year. One of the main reasons for that is that its design changes every year, which is different from most other bullion coins, such as the Silver Eagle and Canadian Maple Leaf. In 2001, the Chinese decided to freeze the design, so the design was repeated on the 2002 issue. The outcry from collectors was so great, though, that they reversed course and resumed the tradition of having a new design every year, a tradition that continues to this day.
While the change to the Panda design makes it particularly attractive to collectors, that appeal grew in 2016 with the change to issuance in metric weights rather than imperial ones. Prior to 2016, Gold Pandas were issued in 1-oz, ½-oz, ¼-oz, 1/10-oz, and 1/20-oz weights. Starting in 2016, the new weights were 30-g, 15-g, 8-g, 3-g, and 1-g. Three of those coins are included in this three-piece set for a total of 12-g. They come in a beautiful red box from the China Mint.
- CONTINUING THE FOURTH DECADE OF A TRADITION – This Gold Panda set continues a tradition that began in 1982. Every year, collectors eagerly anticipate the releases of new Panda coins, and these coins will be among the first in the issue.
- STRUCK FROM 99.99% FINE SILVER – Each coin in this set was struck from 99.99% silver. The coins range in weight from 1-g to 8-g.
- CHINA LEGAL TENDER – Panda coins are all legal tender in the People’s Republic of China. From heaviest to lightest, the face values are ¥100, ¥50, and ¥10. The world’s largest country has emerged as an economic and military superpower over the past couple of decades and opened its doors to the world when it hosted the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- STUNNING RED CHINA PACKAGING – These coins come in a beautiful red box from the China Mint. The box is perfect for storing the coins, as well as putting them on display.
- CERTIFIED AS FLAWLESS FDI – Each of the coins in this set is certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coins will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! These sets are part of an exclusive population that will be certified as First Day of Issue by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC).
- SIGNED CHENG CHAO PANDA LABEL WITH BLACK CORE – Grading information for each of these coins is provided on exclusive NGC labels that bear panda images. Each label was signed by the man who designed the coin, Cheng Chao, who has also designed several other significant pieces, including four previous bullion Pandas. The coin is set in a black core.
The Gold Panda is an extremely popular coin among collectors thanks in large part to the fact that its design changes every year. The beautiful images and high-quality minting only add to their appeal. Mix in the fact that Chinese Pandas are currently the only bullion coins issued in grams rather than ounces and it is hard to see a modern collection as complete without them. This Prestige Gold Panda Set is particularly attractive since it comes in beautiful packaging and is part of an exclusive group to be certified as First Day of Issue. These sets won’t last long, though, so order yours now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||China Mint|
|Coin Weight||30 Grams - g|