Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Cook Islands 5 Gram $1 Silver Note San Francisco Famous Skylines Colorized GEM Proof-like
The Skyline of San Francisco Like You've Never Seen It Before!
San Francisco – The City by the Bay! With its cool summers, fog, steep rolling hills, and eclectic mix of architecture it’s one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. The Golden State Bridge, cable cars, Fisherman’s Wharf and Chinatown district are just some of the things to see in San Francisco. Founded in 1776 when Spanish colonists established the Presidio of San Francisco, the city is truly one of the great cities of the world.
Now, you can bring the signature sights of San Francisco home with this breathtaking legal-tender silver note – the latest release in the popular "Skyline Dollars" collection. Struck in 5 grams of 99.9% silver by Coin Investment Trust (CIT) on behalf of the Cook Islands, each silver note measures 15x7 centimeters and is only .045 millimeters thick – that's less than half the thickness of an average sheet of paper!
The image you’ll see on this note is amazing! The instantly recognizable image of the Golden Gate Bridge stands in the foreground while behind it is the San Francisco skyline with the city’s Financial District looming in the background. The dramatic view shows such landmarks as the Transamerica Pyramid and the Millennium Tower – the seemingly cursed residential development that, in addition to having no 13th and 44th floors for superstitious reasons, is sinking and tilting. Millennium Tower has sunk 16 inches since it opened in 2009, and now has a two-inch tilt at its base and a six-inch tilt at the top of the tower!
- A UNIQUE SILVER DOLLAR – As you can see, this isn't your normal silver dollar! Struck in five grams of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver, each San Francisco Skyline Dollar is expertly minted using state-of-the-art technology. The result is a superb legal tender silver note – measuring 15x7 centimeters with a thickness of only .045 millimeters. That's less than half the thickness of an average sheet of paper!
- GLOBAL TREASURES IN VIVID COLOR! – Advanced colorization techniques bring several San Francisco icons to beautiful life! The Golden Gate Bridge transports you to the San Francisco Financial District where all six of the city’s Fortune 500 companies are located in an area sometime called “Wall Street of the West.”
- INTRICATE DESIGNS IN A PROOF-LIKE FINISH – Elaborate guilloche patterns compliment both sides of this silver note, struck to a proof-like finish with lustrous fields and sharp details.
- COOK ISLANDS LEGAL TENDER – As we hinted before, each 2018 Silver San Francisco Skyline Dollar is one dollar Cook Islands legal tender, a fact reflected on the note's obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- AN EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE – You'll also find the note's weight, silver purity, issue year and size on the obverse, including the fact that this phenomenal note has a limited mintage of 5,000 pieces!
- PROTECTIVE PACKAGING – Your San Francisco Skyline Dollar will come secured in a protective laminate. And the certificate of authenticity? It's incorporated directly into the note's design!
This San Francisco Skyline Dollar is both a great addition to your collection AND a perfect gift for the world traveler in your life. But don't wait too long – this note's premier status and limited mintage make it one attractive sight! Update your itinerary and order your own San Francisco Skyline Dollar today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||B.H. Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||5 Grams - g|
|Dimensions||150 x 70 mm|