Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Cumberland Island 5-oz Silver Quarter America the Beautiful NGC MS69 DPL First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $154.95 $150.38
$77.48 / month
Georgia On Your Mind: America the Beautiful Series Celebrates the Beauty of Georgia’s Golden Isles
Accessible only by boat, Georgia’s Cumberland Island National Seashore is famous for its pristine maritime forests, undeveloped beaches and wide marshes. Its timeline chronicles prehistoric, colonial, early American and Gilded Era histories. With more than 36,000 acres of natural wilderness, Cumberland Island is the largest of Georgia's Golden Isles and features a colorful variety of wildlife, particularly migratory waterfowl. The National Seashore was established in 1972 and today thousands of visitors each year enjoy hiking, biking and camping in its pristine wilderness. Now, this fourth issue of 2018 in the America the Beautiful series celebrates the area with this five ounce silver Cumberland Island National Seashore coin.
The America the Beautiful series has proven extremely popular since it began back in 2010. For those who have been collecting from the start, each release has provided a new and exciting way to discover and appreciate all that America has to offer. And the best way to collect these designs is as a whopping five-ounce, 90% silver coin in stunning Mint State-69 Deep Proof-Like condition! Measuring an incredible 76.2 mm in diameter, it’s nearly twice the size of an American Silver Eagle!
The Cumberland Island National Seashore in Georgia is a perfect example of a coin that presents collectors with a scene of America’s natural beauty that would likely be overlooked otherwise. Although the America the Beautiful collection is considered bullion, its five releases every year mean that each new release is only available for so long, so add this this near-perfect Mint State-69 First Releases 2018 Cumberland Island National Seashore Five Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coin to your collection before it’s too late!
- THE LATEST IN THE "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL" SERIES – This 2018 Five Ounce Cumberland Island National Seashore coin is the fourth issue of 2018 and the 44th overall in the America the Beautiful series, which began in 2010.
- STUNNING NATURAL SCENERY – The design features a Snowy egret perched on a branch on the edge of a salt marsh, ready for flight. It also displays the words “"CUMBERLAND ISLAND," "GEORGIA," "2018" and "E PLURIBUS UNUM."
- A SERIES OF FIRSTS – Each coin in the America the Beautiful series was struck at the Philadelphia Mint from 99.9% fine silver. These are the largest ever quarter coins struck, measuring three inches in diameter.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Each America the Beautiful coin is twenty-five cents legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your coin has been graded by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Mint State-69 Deep Proof-Like (MS69 DPL) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series! In fact, even though this wasn't struck as a proof, this coin's brilliant and reflective finish has earned it a "Proof-Like" designation from NGC
- KEY FIRST RELEASES SPECIFICATION – The 2018 Cumberland Island National Seashore Five Ounce Silver America the Beautiful Coin has also been certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the its release.
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Coin Weight||155.3 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|