Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Equatorial Guinea 1 Ounce Silver Crystal Skull Colorized NGC PF70UC First Releases 1000 Francs
A Crystal Skull Coin That’s Head and Shoulders Above Other Unique Coins
Following up on the success of its previous skull-shaped coins, Coin Invest Trust (CIT) is now offering a new series of traditional-shaped “skull” coins. But beyond their being round, that’s where any connection with tradition ends! The theme, finish, relief and manufacturing process all combine to make the first coin in the series – the 2018 Crystal Skull One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof – one of the most exotic coins of the year and a must-have for anyone ‘s collection of scarce and limited-edition pieces.
Let’s start with the coin’s theme… VANIDAD, which is Spanish for vanity and is engraved right into the coin. It’s the notion that life is all about vanity and that everything born must also eventually die. In Christian folklore, vanity is part of “pride,” one of the seven deadly sins. That’s an extremely heavy notion and one that would seem impossible to convey on a coin, but somehow CIT has done it thanks to an extremely complex manufacturing process. It begins with the color of the coin. Using a processing technique called “Black Proof,” the artisans at the mint have created a luxurious black surface on the coin’s reverse.
Next they used patented smartminting© technology to make the colorized red roses stand dramatically out from the coin’s surface. Roses fit in with the theme because they represent the ephemeral beauty of love and live. They bloom and fade, reminding us that life and beauty is fleeting. Their thorns tell us that without pain there can be no love and no joy without loss. A special frosting has also been applied to the coin’s surface that creates an effect of rising smoke symbolizing once again the transient nature of all things.
Finally, the skull itself juts forth from the surface of the coin. This effect is no small feat as it is actually a Swarovski® crystal intricately inlayed into the coin itself! The magnificent shimming crystal skull is perfectly contrasted by the colorized jaw that is struck in high relief. In addition, your coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition. NGC has also certified it as a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
Issued on behalf of Equatorial Guinea, these legal-tender 1000-Franc Proofs effectively merge gloomy themes with sparkling Swarovski crystals to create an eerily beautiful coin unlike any other we’ve seen. Capture the beauty of the coins forever by adding one to your cart today!
- STUNNING DESIGN THAT TEACHES A LESSON – The central design element is a shimmering crystal skull – made from an actual Swarovski® crystal! The jaw of the skull is struck in high relief. The elegant Black Proof used patented smartminting© technology to make the colorized red roses stand out from the coin’s surface. Finally the word VANIDAD, which is Spanish for “vanity,” is engraved as a warning against the dangers of being too proud and vain of one’s self – which is one of Christianity’s Seven Deadly Sins. The coin’s obverse features the Republic of Equatorial Guinea Coat of Arms and denomination.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – These Crystal Skull Colorized Silver Proofs are struck in one ounce of 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – Each Crystal Skull Colorized Silver Proof is1000 Francs legal tender in the Republic of Equatorial Guinea.
- GORGEOUS PERFECT “BLACK” PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Crystal Skull One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof uses a special processing technique to create a luxurious “Black Proof.” The entire coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your Crystal Skull One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof has also been certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- EXTREMELY SMALL LIMITED EDITION – Just 1,750 of these 2018 Crystal Skull One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proofs will be released by CIT.
The mysterious theme on these 2018 Crystal Skull One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proofs has already made them a collector favorite. And with an unbelievably small edition limit of only 1,750, these wildly exotic coins will sell fast!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|