Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 France €10 Silver Masterpieces of the Museums: The Kiss Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $59.95 $58.18
Rodin’s Romantic Masterpiece Returns as a Gleaming Silver Proof
French sculptor Auguste Rodin (1840-1917) is universally regarded as not only the greatest artist of his era, but also one of the greatest to ever live, even drawing comparisons to the legendary Michelangelo. One of Rodin’s towering masterpieces is The Kiss, a six-foot high marble sculpture completed in 1882 that features an embracing nude couple. Based on the tragic love story between Paolo and Francesca from Dante’s Inferno, the massive work of art stands today as one of the most recognizable sculptures in the world.
Now you can bring home the erotic idealism of Rodin’s The Kiss with this coin, a masterpiece of numismatic art struck by the world-renowned Monnaie de Paris (The Paris Mint). The third installment in the Mint’s Masterpieces of the Museum series, The Kiss is a 10 Euros legal-tender proof struck in 22.2 grams of 90% fine silver. Measuring 37 mm in diameter, it features a detailed engraving of Rodin’s The Kiss silhouetted by a window as if you were seeing the famed work in a museum setting. The coin’s reverse features a collage of famous French museums along with the denomination and the country of issue – REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE.
The Kiss stands amongst Rodin’s other famous works joining such others as The Gates of Hell and The Thinker to cement his reputation as the founder of modern sculpture. Now you can capture a piece of his genius with this exquisite coin. But with an unbelievably low edition limit of just 2,000 proofs, you can kiss this coin goodbye if you don’t act now. Reserve one to your cart today!
- A TRIBUTE TO ONE OF ART’S GREATEST MASTERPIECES – The 2018 France The Kiss Silver Coin is the third release in the Masterpieces of the Museums series. Struck by the Paris Mint (Monnaie de Paris), it pays tribute to artist August Rodin’s famous sculpture, The Kiss. The erotic image of two lovers graces the coin’s obverse while the reverse features a collage of several French museums.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each 2018 France The Kiss Silver Coin was struck in 22.2 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER – These2018 France The Kiss Silver Coins are €10 (10 Euros) legal tender in France and other member states of the European Union.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 France The Kiss One-Ounce Silver Coin will come in gorgeous proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for this proof has been set at only 2,000.
Enjoy the genius of Rodin’s The Kiss from the comfort of your home with the 2018 France €10 Silver Masterpieces of the Museums: The Kiss Proof. Don’t miss out; order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Monnaie de Paris|
|Coin Weight||22.2 Grams - g|