Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Great Britain 100 Pound 1-oz Gold Britannia Oriental Border NGC MS69 First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $1,650.00 $1,601.33
$412.50 / month
Rooted in Asian History, a British Bullion Icon Sports a Spectacular New Style!
Starting the moment she appeared on the first British Trade Dollars in 1895, the regal and assertive Britannia became a familiar sight for merchants in China and throughout Asia. From the 90% fine silver dollars of the 19th century to the highly pure bullion of the 21st century, the heritage of trade between these two corners of the world continues -- with Britannia's flowing robe, outstretched trident and Union Jack shield still featured on British gold coins exchanged today.
Now, to commemorate both the symbolic history of Britannia in Asian commerce as well as the vital role her namesake coin serves there today, the United Kingdom's Royal Mint is introducing a brand new Britannia Bullion Coin for 2018, featuring a gorgeous border inspired by the artistic patterns of East Asia!
- AN ENDURING DESIGN . . . -- Philip Nathan's vision of Britannia, the time-honored personification of the British Isles, has been featured on Royal Mint bullion since 1987. Beginning her fourth decade on the Gold Britannia with this 2018 release, Nathan's creation looks as beautiful as ever!
- . . . WITH A STUNNING TWIST! . . . -- Unlike the Britannia Gold Bullion of the past thirty years, this coin features an intricate oriental border evocative of designs found in the Chinese-themed rooms at Buckingham Palace and the Royal Pavilion in Brighton. To make room for this new addition, the name of the coin, along with the coin's weight and purity, has been moved closer to Britannia in front of a field rippling with finely engraved waves.
- EXPERTLY MINTED, HIGHLY PURE GOLD -- Each Britannia is struck in one ounce of 99.99% pure gold by the artisans of the Royal Mint, resulting in coins that exhibit superb details and lustrous finishes.
- UK LEGAL TENDER -- Each 1-oz Gold Britannia is 100 pounds sterling United Kingdom legal tender, as struck into each coin's obverse along with Jody Clark's most recent profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. In addition, you'll find the Queen's portrait is set against an elaborately textured guilloche field -- a new feature for 2018!
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coin will come certified Mint State-69 (MS69) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly graded 2018 1-oz Gold Britannia will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, your Gold Britannia will be certified First Releases (FR) by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Finally, your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special Britannia label, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
Britannia bullion coins have been a massive hit with Britons for decades and are steadily increasing in popularity among collectors in Asia -- that's in addition to their already legendary status with stateside goldbugs and Anglophiles! Whether you're already a fan or know someone who is, this brand new take on an iconic coin is one that no Britannia collection should be without. Don't give yourself the slightest chance for disappointment -- bring home this phenomenal Gold Britannia Oriental Border Bullion Coin today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|