Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Great Britain 2-oz Silver Queen's Beasts Black Bull Of Clarence NGC MS69 First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $54.95 $53.33
A Fantastic Chance to Grab a Bullish Beast by the Horns
This seems like it’s right out of the pages of Harry Potter, but when Great Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II was crowned in 1953, there were actually ten fantastic beasts that guarded the entrance to Westminster Abbey. The Queen’s Beasts, as they were called, were each six-foot tall statues that were designed to represent the rich history and heritage of the monarchy.
To honor these royal protectors and celebrate the reign of Queen Elizabeth, The British Royal Mint has released a brand new series featuring The Queen’s Beasts -- ten coins for the ten creatures that stood guard outside her coronation ceremony on June 2, 1953. The 5th coin in this release is the Black Bull of Clarence, a symbol of Edward IV, the first King of England descended from the House of York. Edward reigned from 1461 until 1470 and again from 1471 until 1483. The bull almost seems to charge off the face of the coin and is depicted rearing above the Royal Arms as born by Edward IV and his brother, Richard III.
This regal coin is struck in 2 shimmering ounces of 99.9% silver, and bares a legal-tender value of 5 pounds. It also comes in near-perfect Mint State-69 First Release (MS69 FR) condition as fresh as the day it left the mint. It also comes housed in an acrylic coin holder with a special “Queen’s Beasts” label. This wonderful coin and its exciting designs are breathtaking.
There’s nothing magical about it, order yours now because when the running of these bulls starts they will be gone!
- NEW SERIES THAT PAYS TRIBUTE TO QUEEN ELIZABETH – Queen Elizabeth and the Royal Family remain as popular as ever. This new series from the world-renowned British Royal Mint offers a new take on her reign by commemorating the ten fantastic beasts that stood guard outside Westminster Abbey on her coronation day in 1953.
- LEGAL TENDER AND LOTS OF SILVER – It’s a large weighty coin struck in two full ounces of 99.9% silver and bears a denomination of 5 Pounds.
- SPECIAL ACRYLIC COIN DISPLAY HOLDER – To further designate the uniqueness of this coin, it has been encapsulated in an acrylic display holder that contains a special “Queen’s Beasts” label.
- GRADED IN NEAR FLAWLESS CONDITION – Your 2018 Great Britain 2-Ounce Silver Queen’s Beasts Black Bull coin has been certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in near perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series!
- FIRST RELEASES DESIGNATION – Your coin will also be certified First Releases (FR) by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue and will be encapsulated in a special holder with an exclusive Queen’s Beasts label.
Don’t run from these bulls, grab one by the horns and add it to your collection!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|