Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Great Britain 500 Pounds Silver Kilo Britannia NGC PF70UC First Strike
The Very First Silver Kilo Britannia!
Over 2,000 years ago, when the Romans first landed on the shores of a massive island beyond the northernmost reaches of their empire, they named the discovered land Britannia. Over the years, the title of Britannia bloomed into a lyrical personification of the isles that evolved from the conquered figure imagined under Emperor Hadrian to the "warrior queen" of the Elizabethan era and beyond. And while the United Kingdom continues to change and evolve, the figure of Britannia still stands tall, illuminating the ideals of pride, fortitude and progress.
Britannia's beauty and symbolism has graced British coins for centuries. So, it was only natural for her to take center stage when the British Royal Mint introduced their premier gold bullion series in 1987. Bringing silver into the fold in 1997, today the Britannia is among the most premier names in precious metal coinage, standing with the South African Krugerrand, the American Eagle and the Canadian Maple Leaf. And while the bullion edition of the Britannia has kept its same design since 2013, each year brings an exciting new design to the Britannia Proof -- and this year is no different! With a new contemporary design by one of England's rising young artists, we're proud to bring you the 2018 Silver Kilo Britannia Proof – the first time the Royal Mint has issued a silver kilo coin in the Britannia series!
Struck in a full kilo of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver by the artisans of the Royal Mint, this legal-tender £500 (five hundred pounds) coin also comes in gorgeous Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition exhibiting superb details and a beautiful, lustrous finish. What’s more, the coins we have available been certified as First Strike (FS) coins by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), meaning that your coins were among the first struck by the mint and were verified within the first 30 days of issue! And with only 250 proofs for worldwide release, you’ll need to act fast to guarantee you get your Silver Kilo Britannia Proof!
Like the others that came before it, this 2018 Silver Britannia Proof both establishes and reimagines an enduring symbol of British strength. Whether you're new to the Britannia series or a longtime collector, coin fanatic or Anglophile, this vision is one worth bringing home. Don't miss this opportunity -- order yours today!
- MAGNIFICENT MODERN DESIGN -- Standing steadfast in her defense of the British Isles, Britannia is the embodiment of Great Britain. She is featured on the coin’s reverse wearing a helmet adorned with flowers as designed by acclaimed British artist and designer David Lawrence. The coin’s obverse depicts Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- PROOF-STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER -- The artisans at the Royal Mint use hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to create this gorgeous one-kilo, 99.9% fine silver piece of numismatic art.
- UK LEGAL TENDER – The 2018 Great Britain Silver Kilo Britannia Proof is £500 (five hundred pounds) legal tender in the United Kingdom.
- BEAUTIFUL PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Great Britain Silver Kilo Britannia Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST STRIKE SPECIFICATION – Your proof will also be certified as a First Strike (FS) coin by NGC, meaning that your coin was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue!
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE EVENT -- The Royal Mint will strike only 250 of these Britannia Proofs for collectors worldwide. Not only that, but this intricate design will only be minted for this 2018 series. Once they're gone, they're gone for good!
Britannia, the embodiment of a nation and icon of maritime sovereignty, has symbolized Britain for centuries, appearing on coins dating all the way back to the Roman Empire! This favorite of collectors around the world is met with high demand year after year. Don't miss out on this chance to secure your own Silver Kilo Britannia Proof – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||1 of first 100 Struck|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||1005 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Kilo - kg|