Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Great Britain Silver Annual Proof 5PC Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $450.00 $436.73
$225.00 / month
Commemorating Key Anniversaries in British History
Each year, the British Royal Mint celebrates key dates, events, and individuals that are related to British history with the release of an annual set of proof coins. This set is particularly poignant given the significance of some of the events represented. Perhaps the most significant of the set marks the hundredth anniversary of the armistice that ended the First World War. The bloody conflict claimed the lives of tens of millions of people, and its end was celebrated throughout the world. Another coin honors an important contributor to that armistice, the hundredth anniversary of the Royal Air Force (RAF).
The other three coins are celebrations of a brighter nature. While the First World War and the RAF have to do with death, one of the coins celebrates life, marking the fifth birthday of Price George of Cambridge. The young child has captured hearts around the world as he has attended public events. Another coin in the set marks the 200th anniversary of the publication of one of the greatest works of literature in history, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. The final piece marks 100 years since the adoption of the Representation of the People Act, which granted voting rights to servicemen over 19, all men over 21, and women over 30. The full equality of women would take another ten years, but the Act was a major step for their rights in Britain.
- STUNNING STERLING SILVER – Each of the coins in this set were struck from 92.5% fine silver, the British standard. The People’s Representation Act coin weighs 8-g, the Prince George piece 28.28-g, and the other three 12-g. The 12-g coins’ outer portions are plated in fine gold.
- CELEBRATING AN ARRAY OF BRITISH HISTORY – Each of the five coins in this set mark significant elements of British culture and history. The birth of the boy who will likely be king one day marks their tradition of stability, while the People’s Representation coin celebrates their system of rights and government. The FWW Armistice and Royal Air Force coins represent their history of military might, and the Frankenstein coin marks their rich cultural history.
- STUNNING PROOF – Each of the coins in the set has a proof finish that brings out its stunning designs.
- BRITISH LEGAL TENDER – Each of the coins are legal tender in Great Britain with the Prince George coin worth £5, the People’s Representation coin 50p, and the other three £2. Britain has been a global military power for centuries and has been a close ally of the United States over the past century.
- BEAUTIFUL PRESENTATION BOX – These coins will arrive in a beautiful black presentation case in which a Certificate of Authenticity will be included.
- VERY LIMITED MINTAGE –Just 1,000 sets were issued in spite of the broad appeal that its coins have.
Few countries have contributed as much to the formation of the modern world as Great Britain, and this five-coin set celebrates a range of those contributions. From the stability of government and the recognition of rights to rich culture and technology, Britain continues to be a leader on the world stage. This set is a great option for collectors who recognize those contributions and would like to share in a celebration of them. With a limited issue of just 1,000 sets, though, not all collectors who want the set will be able to get it, so order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|