Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Great Britain Silver Britannia 6-Piece Proof Set
Act Fast to Reserve Your Silver Britannia Proof Coins!
More than 2,000 years ago, when the Romans first landed on the shores of a massive island beyond the northernmost reaches of their empire, they named the discovered land Britannia. Over the years, the title of Britannia bloomed into a lyrical personification of the isles that evolved from the conquered figure imagined under Emperor Hadrian to the "warrior queen" of the Elizabethan era and beyond. And while the United Kingdom continues to change and evolve, the figure of Britannia still stands tall, illuminating the ideals of pride, fortitude and progress.
Britannia's beauty and symbolism has graced British coins for centuries. So, it was only natural for her to take center stage when the British Royal Mint introduced its premier gold bullion series in 1987. Bringing silver into the fold in 1997, today the Britannia is among the most premier names in precious metal coinage, standing with the South African Krugerrand, the American Eagle and the Canadian Maple Leaf. And while the bullion edition of the Britannia has kept its same design since 2013, each year brings an exciting new design to the Britannia Proof -- and this year is no different! With a new contemporary design by one of England's rising young artists, we're proud to bring you this 2018 Silver Britannia Six-Piece Proof Set!
Struck in 1.925 ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver by the artisans of the Royal Mint, the coins in the set include the following weights and denominations: 1-ounce (£2), 1/2-ounce (£1), 1/4-ounce (50-pence), 1/10-ounce (20-pence), 1/20-ounce (10-pence) and 1/40-ounce (5-pence). And with only 1,350 sets for worldwide release, you’ll need to act fast to guarantee you get your Silver Britannia Proofs!
Like the others that came before it, this 2018 Silver Britannia Six-Piece Proof Set both establishes and reimagines an enduring symbol of British strength. Whether you're new to the Britannia series or a longtime collector, coin fanatic or Anglophile, this vision is one worth bringing home. Don't miss this opportunity – order yours today!
- CLASSIC, ENDURING DESIGN – Standing steadfast in her defense of the British Isles, Britannia is the embodiment of Great Britain. She is featured on the coin’s reverse wearing a helmet adorned with flowers. The coin’s obverse depicts Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- EXPERTLY MINTED, HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The 2018 Great Britain Silver Britannia Six-Piece Proof Set is struck in 1.925 ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver by the artisans of the Royal Mint, resulting in coins that exhibit superb details and beautiful, lustrous finishes.
- UK LEGAL TENDER – Each coin in your 2018 Great Britain Silver Britannia Six-Piece Proof Set is legal tender in the United Kingdom, with the denominations ranging from 5-pence for the 1/40-ounce coin all the way up to £2 for the one-ounce coin.
- GRADED IN BEAUTIFUL PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2018 Great Britain Silver Britannia Six-Piece Proof Set comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – The British Royal Mint has limited this release to just 1,350 sets.
Britannia, the embodiment of a nation and icon of maritime sovereignty, has symbolized Britain for centuries, appearing on coins dating all the way back to the Roman Empire! This favorite of collectors around the world is met with high demand year after year. Don't miss out on this chance to secure your own Silver Britannia Proof Set – order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Denomination||1.00, 2.00, 5.00, 10.00, 20.00, 50.00, Varies|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Weight||1/40 Ounce - oz, 1/20 Ounce - oz, 1/10 Ounce - oz, 1/4 Ounce - oz, 1/2 Ounce - oz, 1 Ounce - oz|