Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Niue $2 1-oz Silver Star Wars Darth Vader NGC MS70 First Releases - White Core
Feel the Power of the New Star Wars Darth Vader Coin!
Star Wars™ has captured the imaginations of generations of fans with its complex portrayal of good versus evil played out on a galactic scale amid a tableau of mind-blowing special effects. The character that perhaps represents this epic story best is Darth Vader™, an evil Sith Lord, former Jedi knight, and the father of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa. The menacing helmet that hides Vader’s face is so iconic that it is instantly recognizable to millions of people around the world.
Now, the New Zealand Mint’s latest release in its Star Wars bullion coin series shows a new image of Darth Vader wielding his deadly light saber. It’s an impressive… most impressive… portrait struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver. In addition, the coin is officially licensed by Lucasfilm and Disney so you know it lives up to the high standards Star Wars fans have come to expect.
In fact, your 2018 Niue Star Wars Darth Vader One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Mint Starte-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. Your coin will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage. Finally, your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a white display core -- giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Within the case will be an exclusive Star Wars label documenting its provenance.
And, of course, the coin features Darth Vader, perhaps the biggest, baddest bad guy of them all. The American Film Institute listed him as the third greatest movie villain in cinema history behind only Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates. But despite all of his scene-chewing nastiness, there is some good in him after all. As a child destined to become Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker was revealed to be the “Chosen One,” the person who would bring balance to the Force. But thanks to a series of tragic events, young Anakin is seduced by the Dark Side of the Force and becomes a Sith Lord in service to an even more evil emperor. Ironically, Vader proves that he was indeed the Chosen One by killing the Emperor and restoring balance to the Force. In doing so, Vader perhaps single handedly became the worst Sith and greatest Jedi at the same time!
As one of the most iconic villains in popular culture and a key character in cinema’s most successful franchise, Darth Vader is the bad guy you love to hate. The new 2018 Niue Star Wars Darth Vader One-Ounce Silver Coin is the perfect piece to start or add to your own Star Wars collection. Coin collectors, Star Wars fans and silver stackers alike will all be vying for these coins so order one – or several – right now!
- A FAN FAVORITE IN AN ICONIC SERIES – This coin comes from the New Zealand Mint’s immensely popular Star Wars collection, which features some of the most beloved characters from the wildly successful movie series. The coin bears an image of Darth Vader at his menacing best as he appears to tower over you from the face of this coin. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- A HIGH STANDARD OF PURITY —These 2018 Niue Star Wars Darth Vader Silver Coins were struck from highly-pure 99.9% fine silver, which is among the highest standards of purity available. It makes for a stunning canvas for this special theme.
- NIUE LEGAL TENDER – Each 2018 Niue Star Wars Darth Vader One-Ounce Silver Coin is $2 legal tender in Niue. Niue is a small island nation that sits between Tonga, Samoa, and the Cook Islands.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2018 Niue Star Wars Darth Vader One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Mint Starte-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES SPECIFICATION – Your coin will also be certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a white display core with an exclusive Star Wars label documenting its provenance.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – This coin is part of a limited mintage of just 250,000 pieces, quite low given the tens of millions of Star Wars fans throughout the world.
Search your feelings… you KNOW you want to add the 2018 Niue Star Wars Darth Vader One-Ounce Silver Coin to your collection! Don’t wait – click some to your cart today!
© Disney Produced in cooperation with S&A Partners, an official licensee of Lucasfilm. © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||New Zealand Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|