Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-P 25 Cent 5-oz Silver America The Beautiful Pictured Rocks NGC SP70 First Releases
Take a Trip to the U.P. Without Leaving Your Front Door!
Between the cities of Munsing and Grand Marais on the northern shore of Michigan's Upper Peninsula (or "The U.P.," if you're a local), is one of the most stunning shorelines in North America. Established as the first of its kind in 1966, the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore covers 42 miles of beaches and bluffs along Lake Superior, the crown jewel of the Great Lakes. Named for the sandstone cliffs that are illustrated with mineral streaks of nearly every color imaginable, the Pictured Rocks makes a perfect destination to immerse yourself in the beauty of the natural world.
Of course, that doesn't mean you have to stand in awe the entire time! At Pictured Rocks, there are plenty of things to do in all four seasons of the year. 100 miles of trails will lead you to treasures both in and out of plain sight. Love adventure? Skiing, fishing, canoeing, ice climbing and more await! In addition, Pictured Rocks features plenty of historic sites, including the Au Sable Light Station, that put you right in the middle of the area's rich nautical past. Even if you can't travel to Pictured Rocks right now, you can bring one of its famous landmarks home to your collection with the latest from the United States Mint's America the Beautiful Quarters® Program, struck in five ounces of stunning silver!
- ILLUSTRATIVE, INSPIRING DESIGN . . . -- From designer Paul Balan and sculptor Michael Gaudioso, the very first of 2018's America the Beautiful Quarters features a perfectly picturesque view of the Lakeshore's amazing Chapel Rock. Carved by centuries of lake water, this unbelievable natural attraction symbolizes the unmistakable wonder of the area.
- . . . STRUCK IN FIVE OUNCES OF SILVER! -- Struck in a weighty five ounces of 99.9% fine silver by the Philadelphia Mint, each coin has a massive diameter of three inches and thickness of over four millimeters, but still has a legal tender value of 25 cents! Incused edge lettering confirms that your coin is, indeed, ".999 fine silver 5.0 ounce."
- A SUPERB SATIN FINISH! -- Unlike its bullion brethren, this collector version of the 2018 5-oz Silver Pictured Rocks Coin sports a more matte satin finish. Not only that, but this specimen edition also features the Philadelphia Mint's "P" mintmark!
- CERTIFIED PERFECT -- Your coin will come graded Specimen-70 (SP70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded 2018 5-oz Silver Pictured Rocks Coin will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, your Pictured Rocks Coin will be certified First Releases (FR) by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Finally, your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special label featuring a full-color image of the famous Lover's Leap Arch, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- A COLLECTORS' FAVORITE SERIES! -- This debut America the Beautiful Quarter release of 2018 continues the popular series, first established in 2010 and still attracting new collectors to the fold!
Whether you're a native "Yooper" or call the shore your home away from home, a devotee of great coin art or a stacker looking for superb silver, this 2018 5-oz Silver Pictured Rocks Specimen Coin is an awesome slice of nature that's perfect for any collection. Don't miss out -- order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P, U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||155.3 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|