Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-S $1 American Innovation Reverse Proof NGC PF70 w/First Day of Issue & ANA Designation
Special Introductory Coin Kicks Off U.S. Mint’s American Innovation Series
Americans love inventors and innovations that make life easier. From the cotton gin to automobiles to the internet, the spirit of American innovation has been a constant theme throughout our nation’s history. To celebrate the American spirit of innovation, the U.S. Mint kicked off a brand-new one-dollar coin series in 2018 that’s sure to capture the fancy of coin collectors everywhere!
The first release in the American Innovators series goes back to the earliest days of the United States when President George Washington issued the first U.S. patent. It was issued to Samuel Hopkins on July 31, 1790 for developing a process for making potash. The design features Washington’s signature, stylized gears to represent industry and innovation, and a shield collage showing an eagle atop tools. Inscriptions include "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "AMERICAN INNOVATORS," and "SIGNED FIRST PATENT." As a special touch, the edge of the coin is incused with the year of minting, a mint mark, and "E PLURIBUS UNUM."
The coin’s obverse depicts the Statue of Liberty in profile with inscriptions "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "$1." Beginning in 2019, four one-year-only Innovation Dollars will be released each year bearing different reverses. This reverse design will be shared across all the coins in the program. The multi-year series will see 57 coins designed and minted to honor significant American innovation and pioneering efforts of individuals or groups in each of the 50 States, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories. It will conclude in 2032.
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint, this beautiful coin features a special reverse proof finish. The mirror-like design details contrast against the frosted fields – the opposite of a regular proof coin that features frosted design details rising over mirror-like fields!
Your 2018-S American Innovation Dollar Reverse Proof was purchased at the 2019 American Numismatic Association (ANA) Show in Chicago to the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) for grading. The NGC certified it as being as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your Innovation Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special ANA label that identifies it as a “First Day - ANA” release.
The beauty and quality of this coin will make it an excellent addition to your collection or a perfect starting point from which you or someone you know can start building a collection! Add one – or several – to your cart today!
- FIRST COIN IN A-NEW SERIES – The U.S. Mint’s American Innovators series begins with the 2018 American Innovators Dollar. Beginning in 2019, four new “Innovation Dollars” will be released annually to honor significant American innovation and pioneering efforts of individuals or groups in each of the 50 States, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories. It will conclude in 2032. The coins available in this offer were all acquired at the 2019 Chicago ANA Show.
- LEGAL-TENDER – These coins are all $1 legal tender in the United States.
- GORGEOUS REVERSE PROOF FINISH – This 2018 Innovation Dollar was struck at the San Francisco Mint in reverse proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce mirror-like details rising over beautifully frosted fields – the exact opposite of a regular proof coin.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018-S American Innovation Dollar Reverse Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Innovation Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a special “First Day - ANA” label.
- LIMITED EDITION MINTAGE – The U.S. Mint set the maximum limited edition for these 2018-S American Innovation Reverse Proof Dollars at 75,000.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of this major new coin series from the U.S. Mint. Loaded with historic events and personalities, it’s sure to be a hot with old and new collectors alike. Get started on your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Composition||Copper-Nickel - CuNi|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||8.1 Grams - g|