Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018-S Kennedy Half Dollar Reverse Proof NGC PF70 First Day of Issue - Trolley Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $99.00 $96.08
2018-S “Light Finish” Kennedy Error
The U.S. Mint has been issuing the Kennedy Half Dollar since 1964, a lasting memorial to the beloved 35th President of the United States. This 2018-S Silver Proof Kennedy Half Dollar, struck as part of the San Francisco Mint’s special one-year-only 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set, represents only the second time in the series that the coin was struck with a Reverse Proof finish.
Now available individually, you can secure this exciting variant graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your unique reverse Proof Kennedy Half Dollar to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
The very best in U.S. coinage, Proof finish coins are the ultimate in quality, beauty and value – double-struck under intense pressure to bring out their intricate details and dazzling luster. To achieve a Reverse Proof effect, the dies and planchets are specially prepared so that multiple strikes result in frosty fields and shimmering details – the complete opposite of their traditional proof finish counterparts – and far more scarce! A good way to tell the difference is to imagine the difference between a photograph and its negative. When held right, a standard proof appears like a black-and-white photograph while a reverse proof takes on the appearance of its negative. The visual effect is remarkable!
Your 2018-S Kennedy Reverse Proof Silver Half Dollar will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and encapsulated with an exclusive San Francisco Trolley label. Secure this scarce and unique treasure now before other collectors finish off our supply.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018-S Kennedy Reverse Proof Silver Half Dollar has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – In addition, your 2018-S Kennedy Reverse Proof Silver Half Dollar has been certified to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin by NGC – independent authentication that your proof was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – This coin is 50 cents legal tended in the United States.
- ONE YEAR ONLY MINTAGE – This unique Reverse Proof Kennedy Half Dollar was specially struck at the San Francisco Mint only in 2018.
If you are looking for a way to appreciate the stunning design of America’s Kennedy Half Dollar, don’t miss your chance to own this 2018 San Francisco Mint Kennedy Half Dollar coin. Order now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|