Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Serbia 1-oz Silver Nikola Tesla Alternating Current NGC MS70 First Releases - Tesla Label
You’ll Get a Charge Out of the Tesla 75th Anniversary Pure Silver Coin
For some people, the mention of the name “Tesla” makes them think of the new electric car. For others it rekindles images of the heavy metal band from the late ’80s and early ’90s. For those of us who have actually picked up a book, it sparks memories of the brilliant scientist and inventor Nikola Tesla, whose many inventions and discoveries are still in use today making our lives better and brighter.
Now, on the 75th anniversary of his passing, the Serbian-born American is finally getting his due on a new series of coins released to commemorate the genius of Nikola Tesla. These legal-tender coins were struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver and feature not only the image of the scientific pioneer, but one of his greatest inventions -- the alternating current (AC) induction motor. Considered one of the Top 10 discoveries of all time, it made its public debut at the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago where it was used to dazzling effect to light the massive world’s fair. The motor is still the main power source for industry and household appliances today!
You’d think with a résumé such as his that Tesla’s name would be a household word. Unfortunately, Tesla sold most of his patents, and the fame generated by his discoveries was bestowed onto others. Discarded and forgotten, he died in 1943 alone and penniless in a New York City hotel. It wasn’t until a 2017 episode of the hit CBS comedy “Big Bang Theory” that Tesla’s name started to get its due among the general public. During the episode, the gang debates whether they are “Teslas,” who make their own discoveries, or “Edisons,” who build upon existing research. The spike in Google searches about Tesla was felt immediately.
Tesla and his remarkable invention finally take center stage on this beautiful coin. In fact, your 2018 Serbia Nikola Tesla Alternating Current One-Ounce Silver Coin is so remarkable that it has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
In addition, NGC officials were actually on hand at the Serbian Mint when these coins were being struck, giving them unprecedented access to these coins as they were coming off the presses! Given the opportunity to grade and number the best of the best means that not only has NGC graded these coins as being in flawless condition, but they have also certified them as First Releases (FR) coins! Collectors seek out coins like these because First Releases are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage. Finally, your coin has been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and features an exclusive Nikola Tesla Label.
History buffs, science aficionados and silver stackers alike are sure to appreciate the design and high silver content. Get one for yourself and several others for the budding scientists in your life. Add them to your cart today!
- COMMEMORATIVE DESIGN OF ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST INVENTORS – Though he made most of his discoveries after immigrating to the United States in 1884, Nikola Tesla was born in a region of Serbia that is now part of Croatia. The former Serb is commemorated on the obverse of the stunning silver coin released by the prestigious National Bank of Serbia. The coin’s reverse features one of his most famous inventions – the alternating current (AC) induction motor, which today is still the main power for industry and household appliances. It is considered one of the top 10 discoveries of all time.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These 2018 Serbia Nikola Tesla Alternating Current Silver Coins were struck in an ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – Each Nikola Tesla One-Ounce Silver Coin is 100 Dinara legal tender in Serbia.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2018 Serbia Nikola Tesla Alternating Current One-Ounce Silver Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST RELEASE CERTIFICATION -- Your coin has also been certified First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Your coin has also been sonically sealed in an acrylic holder and features an exclusive Nikola Tesla Label.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE MINTAGE – The Serbian Mint has set a maximum worldwide mintage for this coin at just 50,000.
Science enthusiasts, history buffs and silver stackers alike will all be vying to get their hands on this magnificent coin. Make sure you don’t end up on the outside looking in, reserve one – or several – today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||Serbian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|