Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 South Africa 1/2 Ounce Gold Krugerrand NGC PF70UC Tumi Signature
The Legend and Legacy of the Gold Krugerrand Continues!
First struck in 1967, the Krugerrand is more than one of the world's most popular coins – it is a name that carries over 50 years of artistry, legends and stories. Whether you’re a Krugerrand expert or are just being introduced to this monumental series, now is a great time to make one your very own.
What makes this half-ounce Gold Krugerrand even more special is the fact that it is not available as a single coin offering. The South African Mint is including this beautiful gold coin only in its 5-coin Gold Fractional set, 6-coin Gold Prestige set, and 6-coin Fractional with silver set. We’ve managed to secure a handful of these coveted coins and are making them available exclusively to GovMint customers!
This 2018 Half-Ounce Gold Krugerrand takes a step back in time to revisit the past while leaping forward into the future with the latest in technology. Each 2018 Half-Ounce Gold Krugerrand showcases all of the features that have made the series an enduring favorite. It’s a half ounce of 22 karat gold, struck into a South African legal-tender coin featuring former South African President Paul Kruger on one side and the iconic springbok antelope on the other.
But look closer and you'll see something truly magnificent. Through state-of-the art scanning and laser etching technology, the South Africa Mint has produced a Krugerrand with details that are more distinct and intricate than the Krugerrands of the past. Originally captured on the original 1967 etchings but unable to be transferred to dies until recently, these new "old" additions provide a stunning new dimension to a trusted favorite! Your Gold Krugerrand is even more impressive because it has been certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70) condition! Finally, to add even more splendor to this already magnificent coin, it has been encapsulated in a special coin holder with a label personally signed by Tumi Tsehlo, the Managing Director of the South African Mint!
Whether you've already brought a Gold Krugerrand home to your collection or you've been waiting to make one your own, now is the perfect time to join the party! But don't wait much longer – based on past history these coins will not last long. Get your 2018 Gold Krugerrand Proof today!
- FAMOUS KRUGERRAND DESIGN – South Africa’s famous Gold Krugerrand features the same iconic designs it has since it was introduced in 1967!
- STRUCK IN A HALF OUNCE OF FINE GOLD – These large 27 mm Krugerrands are struck in an a half ounce of 91.7% gold.
- GRADED IN FLAWLESS CONDITION – Your 2018 South Africa 1/2-oz Gold Krugerrand has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The South African Mint has no mintage limit on this coin because it is not being released as an individual coin! It is available only in the three proofs sets being offered in 2018 – the total of which adds up to just 1,800 sets. We’ve secured some of these half-ounce proofs from those sets and are making them available exclusively to GovMint customers.
- INCLUDES KEY MINT SIGNATURE – Each coin in this offer has been specially encapsulated with a label personally signed by South African Mint Managing Director Tumi Tsehlo.
Don't wait to claim this global phenomenon for your collection. Bring the 2018 South Africa 1/2-oz Gold Krugerrand home to your collection now!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Coin Weight||16.97 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|