Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 South Korea 1-oz Silver Chiwoo Cheonwang Medal NGC MS70 First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$89.00$69.95 Was $86.37$67.89
Go to Battle with Korea’s Legendary God War
When South Korea released its inaugural Chiwoo Cheonwang series of silver bullion medals in 2016, it was met with worldwide acclaim. It was so popular that a year later its entire 30,000 mintage completely sold out. In 2018, South Korea released its third entry in the series – and this time with a higher mintage. But here’s the catch: Of the 45,000 pieces struck, 25,000 were reserved for the Korean market leaving just 20,000 for worldwide consumption!
It wouldn’t be going out on a limb to say this program was a resounding victory. But that should come as no surprise – the legendary warrior upon which its design is based is known as the symbol of victory in Korean history and folklore. In Korean mythology, Chiwoo Cheonwang is honored and worshiped as the “God of War.” In battle, he wore a demonic mask that obscured his face and terrified his enemies. Combined with his ability to cast magic spells and control the weather, Chiwoo Cheonwang fought a series of epic battles against China’s Yellow Emperor more than 4,500 years ago. Today his mask serves as the mascot for South Korea’s national soccer team, the Red Devils.
South Korea really upped its game on the design of this year’s one-ounce, 99.9% fine silver piece. While previous years showed Chiwoo Cheonwang in beautiful detail, they can’t compare to the exciting image on this year’s medal. Chiwoo Cheonwang is shown in vivid detail on the back of his warhorse, his battle sword extended in his right hand driving forward as if he’s going to slash an enemy lurking behind you. His battle helmet also for the first time reveals a portion of his face, a visage frozen in the frenzy of battle as he charges forward to victory.
And you can bet every detail is crisp and clean because your 2018 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal has been certified, graded and encapsulated by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition. In addition, NGC has also given it a First Releases (FR) certification, which you can see on the exclusive South Korea label inserted inside the protective acrylic holder.
To assure you’re victorious in obtaining one of these Brilliant Uncirculated beauties, add the 2018 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal to your cart today!
- NEW DESIGN IN POPULAR ONGOING SERIES – This year’s design on the Chiwoo Cheonwang 1-oz Silver Medal shows the face of South Korea’s legendary warrior not obscured by a battle mask. The obverse shows the image of Dokkaebi, a supernatural goblin that, despite its grotesque appearance, is a symbol of good luck.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – The 2018 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang Silver Medal is struck in a troy ounce of 99.9% silver.
- UNIQUE MONETARY DENOMINATION – Each 2018 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang 1-oz Silver Medal bears a denomination of 1 Clay. While not legal tender, this is a new concept of measurement value for South Korea’s bullion releases.
- GRADED IN PERFECT CONDITION – Your 2018 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang 1-oz Silver Medal comes graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- SPECIAL FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal will also be certified with a First Releases (FR) designation by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. In addition your silver piece will come specially encapsulated with an exclusive South Korea label.
- UNIQUE SECURITY FEATURE – Each coin in this release also features a unique security features integrated into its design. Located on the coin’s obverse this lenticular feature will display either “AG” or “999” depending on the angle at which you view the coin.
- STRICT LIMITED EDITION – Just 45,000 of these magnificent 2018 South Korea Chiwoo Cheonwang 1-oz Silver Medal were struck at KOMSCO, the official mint of South Korea. However, 25,000 were allocated for the Korean market, leaving just 20,000 for worldwide release.
With its limited mintage, new annual designs and silver purity, South Korea’s Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal series is a runaway fit with both coin collectors and silver stackers. Get your 2018 Chiwoo Cheonwang One-Ounce Silver Medal today before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|