Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 South Korea 1-oz Silver Tiger BU
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$39.95$23.97 Was $38.77$23.26
Don’t Wait to Pounce on These Silver Tigers!
The tiger is deeply rooted in Korean culture so it’s no surprise that when South Korea decided to launch an inaugural series of one-ounce silver bullion medals they quickly settled on the endangered Korean Tiger. The results are quite impressive to say the least. Each of these Silver Tigers is struck with one full Troy ounce of 99.9% silver with a riveting design that captures the essence of the endangered animal like nothing we’ve seen.
The Korean Tiger is integral to Korea’s creation myth. According to legend, a tiger and a bear asked the son of God to make them human. He agreed under one condition: they both had to live in a cave for 100 days subsisting on nothing but herbs and spices. The bear was up to the task and at the end of the 100 days was transformed into a beautiful woman, who became the mother of Tangun, father of Korea. The Tiger, however, was impatient and hungry and bolted from the cave before the 100 days were over. He has been slinking through the mountains ever since.
Tragically no tigers exist today in Korea. Depending on who you believe, the last tiger was captured on the Korean peninsula in either 1922 or 1944. The Japanese occupation of Korea during World War II was a bitter foreshadowing for the end of Korea’s unity and the nation’s tiger as the country was torn in two following the Korean War and the tiger faded quietly into folklore.
Fortunately for you, South Korea’s tiger prowls again on this beautiful silver medal. Each has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated condition so it looks as fresh and crisp as the day it left the mint. Plus, each coin has an added security feature – a lenticular design struck into the silver itself. Visible on the coin’s reverse, the lenticular feature will display either “Ag” or “999” depending on the viewing angle.
Just 30,000 of these wonderful Silver Tiger Bullion Medals have been struck for worldwide release. Their proximity to Chinese collectors, appeal to wildlife enthusiasts and attractiveness to silver stackers make this edition limit a relatively small mintage. Add one or more to you cart now!
- NEW ADDITION TO SOUTH KOREA’S SILVER BULLION SERIES – This is South Korea’s inaugural 1-oz Silver Tiger bullion medal struck by KOMSCO (Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation), the official mint of South Korea.
- RIVETING DESIGN OF A CLASSIC SIBERIAN TIGER – The image of snarling tiger stalking through some bamboo trees is drop-dead gorgeous. The largest big cat in the world, Korean Tigers are more commonly called Siberian tigers. They once ranged throughout Korea but today fewer than 600 exist in the wilds of the Russian Far East. The reverse shows a stylized outline of the Korean peninsula made up exclusively of symbols from the Korean language.
- STRUCK IN A TROY OUNCE OF FINE SILVER – Your 2018 South Korea 1-oz Silver Tiger is struck in a full Troy ounce of fine 99.9% silver.
- GRADED IN GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – The 2018 South Korea 1-oz Silver Tiger has been certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- SPECIAL SECURITY FEATURES – You coin also features two security details a lenticular design struck into the coin’s reverse. The lenticular feature will display either “Ag” or “999” depending on the viewing angle.
- LIMITED EDITION – Just 30,000 of these 2018 South Korea 1-oz Silver Tigers have been struck for worldwide release.
South Korea really outdid itself on these Silver Tigers. Collectors everywhere are sure to be on the prowl for them. Reserve your Silver Tiger today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|