Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Tanzania 1-Ounce Silver Buffalo Serengeti Big 5 NGC PF69UC - Serengeti Label
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $129.00 $125.19
The Safest Way to Bring Home One of the "Big Five"!
If you're on safari in Tanzania's Serengeti National Park, your eyes (and camera lens) will be trained to look for the fabled "Big Five." Originating in the 19th century, this classification designated the lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard as the most dangerous and fearsome animals on the African plains. This “Who’s Who” of exotic animals was used by big-game trophy hunters to describe the most difficult and dangerous African animals to track.
Today, that same list is used to describe majestic animals that, while still elusive and unpredictable, are becoming increasingly (and alarmingly) endangered – as well as a short checklist of "must capture" animals for wildlife photographers. It’s also the basis for Tanzania’s incredibly popular “Big Five” series of coins. In 2018, the buffalo joins previous releases of the lion, elephant, rhino and leopard to complete the series.
Struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver, this legal-tender coin is a gleaming example of coin artistry. It features an incredibly detailed high relief design of a massive Cape Buffalo taking a break from grazing to look you right in the eye as if to determine if you are friend or foe. While few people know it, Tanzania’s Cape Buffalo is even more dangerous to hunt than the hippopotamus. And, while this bovine creature may look docile, it is anything but! The bullet-proof horns that sit upon its head like a matador’s Montera Hat give the buffalo an incredibly dangerous weapon when provoked. Even lions, the buffalo’s main predator, exercise extreme caution and cunning when hunting buffalos lest they end up gored and severely injured.
But now, you don't have to risk ending up on the wrong end of the buffalo’s thick curved horns – you can bring this buffalo home today with this 2018 Tanzania One-Ounce Silver Big Five Buffalo Proof! Your proof will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69 UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- THE LATEST IN THE "BIG FIVE" SERIES – These 2018 Buffalo Proofs are the fifth and last coins in Tanzania's five-year "Big Five" series. The watchful eyes of this massive bovine meet you front and center on both proofs, wreathed by acacia trees and savanna brush. Surrounding it all is a rim of tall grass, with a silhouetted lineup of the "Big Five" on display in the lower-left corner. Look to the upper right and you'll discover the artful "Big Five" series logo.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Beginning as a hand-selected one-ounce planchet of 99.9% silver, each Silver Buffalo Proof was struck multiple times with polished dies. The end-results are true "proofs" of the minting art, featuring details that pop with sharp definition over mirror-like fields.
- TANZANIA LEGAL TENDER – Each One-Ounce Silver Buffalo is 1,000 shillings Tanzania legal tender – which is reflected on the coin’s obverse along with the country's coat of arms. In addition to being home to the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania also has Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, within its borders.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2018 Tanzania One-Ounce Silver Big Five Buffalo Proof will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69 UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- SPECIAL LABEL AND CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY – In addition, your proof will be sonically sealed in an acrylic coin holder with a special Serengeti label, and accompanied by a colorful storycard and an official numbered certificate of authenticity from the Bank of Tanzania.
- AN EXTREMELY LIMITED MINTAGE – The latest entry in the "Big Five" series, this One-Ounce Silver Buffalo has a maximum worldwide limited edition of just 5,000 silver proofs!
Coin series like Tanzania's "Big Five" and the "Natura" from South Africa have been attracting fans for years, making them among the most popular in the world. Each release brings new collectors into the fold, and there's no doubt that these buffalos will win over more than a few hearts! Don't miss out on making this your very own – order your 2018 Tanzania One-Ounce Silver Big Five Buffalo Proof today!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|